Best setup?
Hi all.

I currently run a rasp pi and USB drives in my house.

I want to get an easy setup which will manage the following

Easy download box which will be always on, was considering a rasp pi Nas or a small Nas box for sabnzb

Then I want a xbmc box which will do 720p/1080p and be easy to use.

I was considering an ouya or tronsmart s82 as my main xbmc box and then using Chrome cast or a small Android stick to stream around the house.

I would happily keep the pi if I could make it faster and more reliable.

Would it even be possible to use the pi for the downloads?

Since there are so many options I want to make the right one.

I am in the UK so fire tv isn't readily available either.

Not fussed over Netflix or Amazon instant as I have a plethora of games consoles for that.

Cheers
A thread like this is seriously started everyday. Please do some reading and research and avail yourself to the plethora of info already present on the forum.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
The problem is there's no 'Best' because what is the 'Best' varies person to person. Some want them super cheap and just ready to do h.264 1080p. Others, like me, want them to do multiple tasks and even game using Steam so they have to be bigger and have better graphics. Others want them to be super low voltage or very quiet/silent, some just want to turn an old desktop or laptop into one.
Intel NUC for XBMC.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HVKLSVC...Ptb06V1BW1
Yes I gather. Apologies for the thread.

Would a rasp pi with raspbmc usb 3 stick class 10 micro sd and USB hub be able to run a good media server/xbmc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best setup?1