Pi and yatse stream to another Android TV or chromecast?
Hi all,

Just wondering if I can use yatse to stream from the pi to my chromecast or Android TV upstairs?

I know it is doable with an ouya but would a pi work?

Any guide on how to? Cheers
I don't have a chromecast so can't give you a definitive answer, however I do use Yatse and a recent update has added chromecast capabilities. Have you tried them?
Hmmm,
have I missed something? Isn't YATSE the remote control app for XBMC?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-06-24, 13:11)Bosse_B Wrote: Hmmm,

It is so much more than a remote control. IMO, it's the best interface, outside of a TV and a remote, for XBMC. You should install the trial and check it out.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...roidwidget

Quote:Streaming support* : Stream your media to your Android devices or UPnP / AirPlay / Chromecast devices
(2014-06-24, 13:20)thrak76 Wrote:
(2014-06-24, 13:11)Bosse_B Wrote: Hmmm,
It is so much more than a remote control. IMO, it's the best interface, outside of a TV and a remote, for XBMC. You should install the trial and check it out.
Still confused, where should it (YATSE) be installed?
Phone, tablet, Pi, PC or where?

I have an updated YATSE Remote App on my phone, is that what I need and if so where are the extra functions?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
I could be wrong but I think Yatse uses an instance of XBMC (it doesn't matter if it's on a Pi, Linux, Android, Windows etc) to transcode the video and then send it to wherever to choose. Install Yatse on your control device. We use it on our tablets and phones.
(1) Run XBMC on the device of your choosing.
(2) Connect to that device via Yatse.
(3) In Yatse scroll through the Movies list, TV Shows list, or Files list.
(4) Long click / press and hold on the video you wish to stream. On the top right you will see some icons, one is a phone with a play triangle inside it. Click / press / select the phone icon.
(5)Select "Play on network media player" and select your device to stream to.
Crossing posts... Comment added when writing this:

So you mean that the XBMC instance on a Pi can be directed by YATSE (the paid version probably) to code a video (for example an MP4 file on my NAS) and then send it on to a Chromecast unit on the network?
Or is it such that the Chromecast device is sent a message to connect to the XBMC and grab the selected video for display?

In both cases my feeling is that XBMC itself must be prepared for handling the video formatting properly (how does it know what format the Chromecast connected display uses?). And it should know about the Chromecast.

Unless of course the entire casting is done from XBMC to YATSE on the mobile device and then on to the Chromecast device for display.
That would tax the network capacity twice on the mobile device (inbound from XBMC and then outbound to Chromecast)
Bo Berglund
Sweden
I don't use the streaming facility of Yatse, and I don't claim to be an expert in these matters. But....

I "think" the XBMC to Yatse to Video device(aka Chromecast) is the method it uses. This is why I don't have a chromecast and instead just tape a raspberrypi to the back of each video device..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi and yatse stream to another Android TV or chromecast?0