Linux XBMC crash when LiveTV enabled
Hi there.
I had an working system but after updating to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and XBMC to 13.1 Gotham I got the error message "unable to stat path" inside xbmc. On the tvheadend webbrowser I saw that the epg datas didn't update or show anything.
So I installed it completly new.
Ubuntu 14.04LTS
XBMC 13.1 "Gotham".
After installing XBMC I installed the tvheadend (V3.24.xx). (In XBMC "Frodo" I saw that tvheadend "add-on" was installed successful and I can configure the options.) Now I can't find any backend software to enable or configure.
If I now want to enable the "LiveTV" XBMC crash. In the add-on list I don't found the "tvheadend" add-on?
(The tvheadend webbrowser works well. I see the epg datas and I successfully programmed a timer record.)
What did I wrongHuh
Please help.
(2014-06-23, 08:23)gorschten Wrote: Hi there.
I had an working system but after updating to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and XBMC to 13.1 Gotham I got the error message "unable to stat path" inside xbmc. On the tvheadend webbrowser I saw that the epg datas didn't update or show anything.
So I installed it completly new.
Ubuntu 14.04LTS
XBMC 13.1 "Gotham".
After installing XBMC I installed the tvheadend (V3.24.xx). (In XBMC "Frodo" I saw that tvheadend "add-on" was installed successful and I can configure the options.) Now I can't find any backend software to enable or configure.
If I now want to enable the "LiveTV" XBMC crash. In the add-on list I don't found the "tvheadend" add-on?
(The tvheadend webbrowser works well. I see the epg datas and I successfully programmed a timer record.)
What did I wrongHuh
Please help.

To install the TVHeadend add-on in Ubuntu you have to install it from the terminal/SSH first:

I assume that you have added the XBMC and TVheadend official repositories correctly. (If you haven't, check out the XBMC Wiki and the TVHeadend website)

In a terminal/SSH session type:

sudo apt-get update

and press ENTER

then

sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts

and press ENTER

if the terminal asks if you want to install the addon press the Y key and then ENTER.

Finally restart your computer and Enable and configure the addon in XBMC (under PVR addons).

Make sure you enter your username and password that you use to enter the TVHeadend browser interface on the addon configuration
page inside XBMC and save the configuration. Otherwise XBMC will not be able to talk to the TVHeadend backend.

Then enable the Live TV settings in XBMC. Hopefully this will work.

Good luck.
Hello J876.
It works!
Thanks a lot!
You're welcome!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crash when LiveTV enabled0