Cheapest Price for Raspberry Pi
Seems like the flood gates have opened and sellers are competing on price for Raspberry Pi

The cheapest 1 I havefound is £24.19 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss...aspb%2Caps
(check more buying options on right collmn NOWview)

I wonder if it is version 2. Why is the price being lowered almost fortnightly now? shoudn't the price of the version A also drop? there was a £8 diference initally. Must be because of introduction of boards like Banana Pi. Not to be a party pooper but does show that competition is good, the official resellers must have good margins if the resellers are selling so low price?
reduced in price again
now only £23.99
this one is acutally dispatched and solf by Amazon itself so any problems and you know your covered. Something must be happening if they selling this low. Is another model coming out?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PT4GGC/
That's equivalent to roughly $33 USD... They are valued at $35... Price is on par.. The free shipping is good.
£23.99 is equvalent to $40.69, I'm assuming you are taking tax into account in America.

this is the a recent price and not long ago (>month) they where selling for about £28. Are you telling me a product made in the UK is charging more to distribute in UK than to distribute internationally?

even if you factor in royal mail charges we dont get close to $35 + whatever percentage tax

seriosuly? We always get burnt with electronics pricing. now its happnening on our own doorstep.
The UK price will include 20% VAT, I don't think the US price will include sales tax or if it does I'm betting it wont be anywhere near as high as 20%
No VAT/sales tax where I live. Live Free or Die!
stammie, coolasice said the price that I quoted £23.99 is equivalent to $33 USD which it isn't its equalivalent to $40.69 therefore I asked if the price he quoted was some tax. Even then its cheaper than what we pay for in the UK. Dougie that must come real handy with your buisness :p
Given that the pound is gaining in strength against the dollar I would guess when current US stock of the Pi is sold we'll see complaints about rising prices of it across the pond
(2014-06-25, 17:19)MediaPi Wrote: stammie, coolasice said the price that I quoted £23.99 is equivalent to $33 USD which it isn't its equalivalent to $40.69 therefore I asked if the price he quoted was some tax. Even then its cheaper than what we pay for in the UK. Dougie that must come real handy with your buisness :p

my bad.... 24 pounds is 37.50 us.... still for a 35 usd item shipped its a good price.
(2014-06-25, 17:13)Dougie Fresh Wrote: No VAT/sales tax where I live. Live Free or Die!
Oh how I do miss that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheapest Price for Raspberry Pi0