Limitations to Live TV?
I have recently started using the live tv function on XBMC. Installed Argus on my HP Microserver with a TBS DVB-S2 card and streaming from there over gigabit network to my linux HTPC running gotham.

Whilst I like the look of it and I can see it becoming more and more usable in the future, there are 2 problems I have with it, wondering if there was any fix for them?

1. The performance when watching fast moving pictures (mainly live sports) isn't great. The picture is sharp (on hd sources) but when the camera scans you can see ghosting (not sure of the technical term for it). Would this be improved if I had more RAM in the server? Or is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

2. British problem here I think, but I don't seem to be able to access any of the "red button" features on the BBC? Is there an option for this? I know there is normally a red button channel but I don't know where I can pick this up from?

Anyone help with these, or anyone point out anything else they have problems with? Trying to get it as usable as it can be before I let the family have total dependency on it!
1, is de-interlacing enabled?

2, nope not via red button, but all the red button does is send you to another channel. TVheadend with EPG set correctly, Shows the red button channels.
Red Button works in mythtv with mythfrontend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In terms of do-interlacing, is it a setting within XBMC itself I need to look at, the pc in general or the server side of things?
Go to the video menu while playing (OK, scroll to the video like icon, press OK) and the deinterlacing settings are at the top of the menu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Cheers will give that a try tonight

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Limitations to Live TV?0