Release Films For Action video Add-on for XBMC.
Video 
Hi,

I have made a video add-on called Films For Action to watch the videos gathered by the Films For Action web site, "Where People Go To Watch Films Made to Inspire Action For A Better World":

<< Films For Action is a community-powered learning library and alternative news center for people who want to change the world.

At an International Level:
Films For Action uses the power of film to raise awareness of important social, environmental, and media-related issues not covered by the mainstream news. Our goal is to provide citizens with the information and perspectives essential to creating a more just, sustainable, and democratic society.

At the Local Level:
On the ground, our City Chapters are working to create alternative media channels that will inform, connect, and inspire action at a community level.

Our city chapters screen documentaries at independent theaters and other venues regularly throughout the year. With most films we launch an accompanying educational and action-oriented campaign to address the issues presented by the films. Some of our chapters air films on their local public Access TV channel. And all the films we buy we make available for people to borrow from us for free, either to watch themselves or to screen in their own neighborhoods.

Our local city chapter sub-sites offer several tools to connect and inform people through our website, including a calendar of local activist events, a directory of local progressive and radical groups, and a blog for writers to contribute local news and perspectives.

All in all, through the screenings, public access TV, this website, and our Lending Library, our City Chapters aim to provide an information and resource network that will reduce its city's dependence on corporate media, providing more meaningful and reliable ways to stay informed on the issues that matter. >>
(citation: http://www.filmsforaction.org/about/).

More than 2,500 videos are available. The videos and short films are hosted on several well known video streaming providers (like Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc...). Till now, seven video providers are supported, covering most of the collection available. However, there are some sources which are not world reachable due to geo-block restrictions, or the provider website is so complex to catch the video source that it would suppose a dedicated video add-on to support them as well. In both cases those videos aren't supported yet, but they mean a small number compared to the rest, so the add-on is worth the effort and benefit of doing it available for the community.

Although the video add-on is well tested during developing time on several platforms, I would like to receive some feedback from the community, before let it available into the official repository.

During that time, you can download and install the zip file directly from the GitHub repository using this link plugin.video.filmsforaction.zip, following the standard installation way for any zip file add-on. That link will not change along the bug fixes, and can be used to get the latest release until the add-on is finally uploaded to the official repository.

Any comments, suggestions of improvement, and issue notifications would be very welcome. Please use this forum thread for that, and I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

If you find any problem and wants to let me know it, please activate the debug logs from the Add-on settings, and post it on this forum thread using a pastebin link.

This thread will be used to provide the official add-on support as well.

Enjoy it!

jamontes
Hi everyone,

Since a few weeks, the Films For Action video add-on is available from the official XBMC repository (Frodo & Gotham releases), so you can download and automatically install it from the XBMC Add-ons menu.

Please, use this forum thread for official support. Any suggestions, issues, or problems detected and reported will be very welcome.

Enjoy it!

jamontes.
Get a error while trying to play a video
“Video type not supported”
(2021-12-25, 19:26)ltai0001 Wrote: Get a error while trying to play a video

I doubt this video add-on is Kodi Matrix compatible, the add-on is almost 8 years old now.
(2021-12-25, 19:55)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-12-25, 19:26)ltai0001 Wrote: Get a error while trying to play a video

I doubt this video add-on is Kodi Matrix compatible, the add-on is almost 8 years old now.

As per the changelog, it was last updated in May 2020 for Leia and in August 2020 for Matrix. May be the author is still maintaining it
plugin.video.filmsforaction-1.3.1+matrix.1.zip in official matrix repo
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2021-12-26, 00:47)gujal Wrote: As per the changelog, it was last updated in May 2020 for Leia and in August 2020 for Matrix.

My previous Google Search didn't tell me that. I stand corrected.
I hope he reads this and is able to dedicate time to see what the issue is
I can't see his last whereabouts, but a ping to @jamontes won't hurt.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for let me know about the problem. I wasn't aware of that.

Ive found the reason for the problem and I'll try to make a PR with a maintenance release to fix it.

Many thanks to you both for your help.

Best regards,

jamontes.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for let me know about the problem. I wasn't aware of that.

I've found the reason of the problem and I'll try to make a PR with a maintenance release to fix it.

Many thanks to you both for your help.

Best regards,

jamontes.
Hi,

I've made the maintenance PRs for Isengard+ and Matrix+ and both are accepted and merged into the official repo, so the new releases will be available for update in a few hours hopefully.

Best regards and enjoy!

jamontes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Films For Action video Add-on for XBMC.0