Troubles after Gotham upgrade
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie at all this, so please be patient. I've had my atv2 running xbmc for the past year with no problems. I upgraded to Gotham tonight and ever since, I've been having trouble with my logitech harmony remote. I can still navigate through xbmc but while playing a movie in any video add on, it won't let me pause, or play the movie.
I tried going in to the settings and changing the input to other remote but there isn't any options for that anymore. The only options I have under inputs> are reset to factory defaults or allow keyboard arrows to move cursor (or something like that).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue how to fix this.

Thanks guys!!!!!
Are you sure you have switched the settings level to "expert" to see all available settings? (its in the lower left in the confluence skin)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yeah, I went through all the different settings. Basic, advanced and expert and it doesn't change anything for the input section.

Cheers.
debug log (wiki) when you try to pause the movie ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I'll get that log to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, here is a pic of the input devices page.

http://i61.tinypic.com/ev55yr.jpg

Thanks for your help.
Here is the debug log file

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=234460

After playing around some more, some of the features of my remote work. Menu button for return works, and the enter button also works. But for some reason, I still can't get my play, pause, ff and rewind to work. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers
You have custom keymaps in your masterprofile and profile folders:

Code:
19:46:06 T:152387584    INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml
340.19:46:06 T:152387584    INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/Joystick.AppleRemote.xml
341.19:46:06 T:152387584    INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml
342.19:46:06 T:152387584    INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/Joystick.AppleRemote.xml

Ensure that those have the ids mapped you want - see the original map:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...te.xml#L53

Just grep your log after "ERROR mapping joystick action" and you see which actions are missing. For your information - ID 15 is pause and ID 16 is play for your remote ...
Sorry Memphiz but I have no idea what you just said. It may as well of been in German. Lol. I really appreciate your help but like I said, I'm very new at this and know nothing about code. Could you possibly walk me through how to do what I need to, in moron terms. (It's ok. I've come to accept it Smile

Thanks.
Did you use any kind of "wizard" or auto installer for add-ons? It automatically installed a broken keymap that we've seen pop up a few times. This is just one of the reasons we tell people to not use these wizards.mit leaves people (who are often new to XBMC) stranded with a setup that doesn't work.

As to how to fix it, normally I would say nuke everything and start from scratch, because who knows what else might be messed up. However, you can probably fix this keymap thing and be fine:

Download CyberDuck (wiki) and use it to create a new "SFTP" connection to the IP address of the Apple TV 2. (You can see this IP address in the ATV2's settings area, under "about"). Use the username "mobile" and the password "alpine".

Then navigate to the folders var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

Select all the files in that folder and use Cyberduck to delete them.

Then restart the ATV2.

That should fix the remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Troubles after Gotham upgrade0