File browsing error, items show multiple times
What could be set wrong that every movie is listed multiple times? I get two or three entries for a single movie.

When pressing the file browse mode in the app under the movies section I get the following (browsing on the server with the remote works though):

XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: (null)

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
{directory="F:\\Movies\\Action\\Rush(2013)\\rush.2013.1080p.bluray.mkv";media=video;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=label;order=ascending;};}
Seems that it isn't an app fault. Check if you enable the option "Show all files in filemode" under the device settings > xbmcRemote > App Settings the issue is solved.
is this an option in the iOS app? or on the machine running xbmc?
iOS app under the iDevice settings
I get the same exact error. I'm using a raspberry pi, and I get the error when I try to access an SMB share I setup. I think my issue is that the SMB share requires a username and password, and in the error message it doesn't show the username and password. I can access the share fine when I browse it on my TV screen, so I know it is setup properly.
I enabled "Show all files in filemode" and that didn't fix the issue for me.

Is anyone successfully using a password protected SMB share and can access it from xbmc remote?
I do have the very same problem. Everything works via xbmc remote except browsing the media folder structure (doesn't matter if audio or video - error is the same).

My multimedia collection is stored on a synology nas; xbmc access the media collection over the LAN via smb with username and password. Is there an option on xbmc remote to specify the credentials or at least use the ones stored in the xbmc configuration?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File browsing error, items show multiple times0