audio but no video
Question 
I may be asking this in the wrong forum and if so I apologize. I installed the Gotham 13.1 stable version on my Armada M8 quad core box. When I select a link that plays I only get the audio. I tried different addons with the same result. As i said I don't know if I am in the right forum, but if anyone can help I would be very greatful. Also I am an old man who is not tech savvy, so if you could explain in layman's terms. Thank you very much in advance![/b]
I have met the same problem, and waiting for answer
Did you guys check the suggestions on the Android FAQ (wiki) under Troubleshooting?
I also have two M8 boxes with exactly the same problem.

Their are 2 ways to fix it.

1. Use a modded Gotham APK extracted from a M8 firmware that has it pre-installed. It works. M8 Firmware from w2comp.com works.
2. Fix the Permissions in the /dev/a* files. Official Gotham is not setting them. Their is another Thread on here explaining how to do this.

I have used both methods and they both gave me Video.

Charles
(2014-06-25, 05:56)Mosc_007 Wrote: I also have two M8 boxes with exactly the same problem.

Their are 2 ways to fix it.

1. Use a modded Gotham APK extracted from a M8 firmware that has it pre-installed. It works. M8 Firmware from w2comp.com works.
2. Fix the Permissions in the /dev/a* files. Official Gotham is not setting them. Their is another Thread on here explaining how to do this.

I have used both methods and they both gave me Video.

Charles

could you post the link here?thanks
Had to go back thru a few pages to find the thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194529

I used Ghost Commander to set the permissions. It's much easier just to extract the Patched Gotham from an already working Image. But doing the Permissions manually means you can run Gotham 13.1. The one from the patched firmware is Gotham 13.0

Charles
Hi,

Can you explain how to get to it step by step? I'm a total noob when it comes to android.
Once it's set it will stay that way?

I'm using an mx box, i'm assuming the same issue this one has. The problem is it won't automatically jump to full screen. Once i am on full screen it's black. audio works fine.

I tried the code in my terminal, but it didn't change anything.

Code:
su -
chmod 666 /dev/am*
ls -l /dev/am*

i set the acceleration to software in video settings, didn't help either.
12.2 Frodo was working fine.
It's running 4.2.2 and firmware is IMX6. i found an apk still running frodo 12.2 with several preinstalled add ons, so i went back to that one. If anyone can help me further to install a fresh Gotham 13.1 with the permissions correct, i'd like to try it.
Thanks
(2014-06-28, 07:12)FreeFighter Wrote: It's running 4.2.2 and firmware is IMX6. i found an apk still running frodo 12.2 with several preinstalled add ons, so i went back to that one. If anyone can help me further to install a fresh Gotham 13.1 with the permissions correct, i'd like to try it.
Thanks

"IMX6" isn't a firmware. It's a type of chip that doesn't use AMLogic/AMcodec at all, and wouldn't have anything to do with this thread.
(2014-06-24, 23:43)jamlaco66 Wrote: I may be asking this in the wrong forum and if so I apologize. I installed the Gotham 13.1 stable version on my Armada M8 quad core box. When I select a link that plays I only get the audio. I tried different addons with the same result. As i said I don't know if I am in the right forum, but if anyone can help I would be very greatful. Also I am an old man who is not tech savvy, so if you could explain in layman's terms. Thank you very much in advance![/b]

I have a square M8 ( nnot Armada probably, but I understood they are all from 1 factory) and use this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...617-for-M8 firmware which has 13.1 final built in.
works great here!
No need to root the system or so.

also this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...Square-Box is said to work great, but I do not have that version, however it involves rooting your system (instructions included) but has more tweaks.
(2014-06-28, 07:44)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-06-28, 07:12)FreeFighter Wrote: It's running 4.2.2 and firmware is IMX6. i found an apk still running frodo 12.2 with several preinstalled add ons, so i went back to that one. If anyone can help me further to install a fresh Gotham 13.1 with the permissions correct, i'd like to try it.
Thanks

"IMX6" isn't a firmware. It's a type of chip that doesn't use AMLogic/AMcodec at all, and wouldn't have anything to do with this thread.

In this context, iMX6 could be a model name. Which uses AMLogic.
Source: h**ps://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-imx6.html
(Change the ** to tt obviously, I've altered it as I didn't want it to be seen as being commercial spam.)
Indeed, we later found this out. It's a very confusing name for someone to choose for their Android box :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio but no video0