Bug Very n00b prob access home wifi
I was following the instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscw_HqGGfc to get my Rasp Pi XBMC to access my home wifi. But at 1.05 in the video it shows an option my Confluence does not have.

I do not have "Network connection" and" Assignment" below it. The options are just not there.

I'm afraid the problems solved here on this forum are more complex than mine, and I'm not sure if I understand most of them.... I bought this Rasp Pi unit fully set up online, so I don't know anything about the OS etc.

Cheers
Vic
I don't have these items either (on my wifi connected RaspBMC system)
Can you find (and post) any info about your system - you said you bought your unit fully set up, and if that is all you have, can you show us where you bought it, as it would be helpful to know whether it is RaspBMC, OpenELEC, and whether it has been a NOOBS system.
Derek
It is OpenELEC and the product info was :

Ready for up to 1080p playback from external hard-drive. Also capable of playback from internet sources (YouTube etc.) or streaming from your computer.

Package Includes:

Brand new Raspberry Pi, latest version Model B (rev 2) with 512Mb RAM
Deluxe Italian-made protective enclosure: Sturdy, stylish and heat resistant.
8GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 SDHC memory card, preloaded with XBMC (media centre).
Wireless IR Remote Control (no additional driver required), can also be used as a mouse.
802.11n Wireless USB WiFi Dongle (Tested, Compatible and working with Raspberry Pi, no additional drivers required) with removable antenna for extended range
1.8m HDMI Cable
1000mA / 5.0V USB power supply, Australian Plug (power supply may vary from the one pictured, depending upon availability)

Got it on ebay:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261279309880
In Confluence with Openelec go to Programs>Openelec settings>Network
I have set that up too... but doesn't connect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very n00b prob access home wifi0