Gotham - Turn Pi off after certain amount of time unused
Hello XBMC lovers,

i just updated to the newest version of XBMC Gotham and now im wondering how i can setup that my system shuts down automatically after a certain amount of time if it is not used. This setting was present in the last version of XBMC Frodo under "energy saving options".
My Pi is getting power from an USB port directly from my TV so if i just want to watch TV instead of using my Pi it would be nice that it shuts down after 5 minutes and it does not have to be on all the time.

keep up the awesome work!

Thanks in advance
kaptn
You can't shut down the PI without unplugging it, also there is no thing like a suspend mode for it. All you can do is "shut down" XBMC, but the PI will still be fully powered.
It still is present, but you might need to adjust the 'settings' level to advanced or expert to see it.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings
Learning Linux the hard way !!
okay thanks, but is there any option to just shut down the PI automatically if not used. I am concerned to just shut down the tv while xbmc is running and it gets corrupted or something.

ah nice didnt saw your thread! thank you
There's a "virtual suspend" mode available in recent Pi test builds (OpenELEC, Raspbmc) which will disable HDMI but as already stated there is no way to completely turn off a Pi (without additional hardware). Besides, once shut down you will need to power cycle your Pi to restart it so I'm not really sure why you would ever want to shut it down unless the power is removed when you eventually turn off your TV.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - Turn Pi off after certain amount of time unused0