Non-jailbroken Support on iOS 8?
Hi all,

Since VideoToolBox will become a public framework in iOS 8, is there any chance
to make a non-jailbroken version of XBMC with HW decoding enabled?

And if we statically linked all 3rd party libraries and addons to XBMC,
could it be accepted by App Store? Smile

(Thank @Platypus2 for telling me about this.Blush)

Reference: https://developer.apple.com/library/prer...lementID_4

Official Sample:
https://developer.apple.com/library/prer...Intro.html
Nope it won't ... (downloading executable code - python addons - is not allowed in the appstore). Also a non-jailbroken version of XBMC can't be installed without having it signed properly - as you know. I can't stress it enough that we as open source project can't provide such a signed binary in any form - nor can it be deployed on non-jailbroken devices without the appstore

Not quiet sure what your real question is - of course you as a sane ios developer can do a non-jailbroken version with working HW decoder for your personal usage and deploy it via xcode ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-06-25, 16:39)Memphiz Wrote: Nope it won't ... (downloading executable code - python addons - is not allowed in the appstore). Also a non-jailbroken version of XBMC can't be installed without having it signed properly - as you know. I can't stress it enough that we as open source project can't provide such a signed binary in any form - nor can it be deployed on non-jailbroken devices without the appstore

Not quiet sure what your real question is - of course you as a sane ios developer can do a non-jailbroken version with working HW decoder for your personal usage and deploy it via xcode ...

Thank you for the quick reply. I know App Store won't accept any behavior related to dynamically loading binaries. But since iOS 8 opens the VTB framework, it becomes possible to use XBMC's HW decoding in sandbox. At least for developers, they can use XBMC on the latest iOS devices without the long wait for public jailbreaks. Smile
Thats for sure ... Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Does anything special need to be done to enable HW-decoding on a non-jailbroken ios 8 device do you think?

I have ios 8 on a spare iPhone 4S so I might give it a go and see what it's like :O (once I get my mac setup next week Tongue)
not for sure!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non-jailbroken Support on iOS 8?0