Audio Interface Playback distorted and Accelerated
Hi , Im having playback issues where the audio is distorted and accelerated. Its only when i use the audio interface, while built-in and monitor speakers play perfectly.

SETUP:

Streaming from Rasp Pi xbmc gotham

Client is Mac mini OS X 10.9.2 xbmc gotham with usb powered M - audio Fast Track Pro Interface.

Please advise
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks!!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=235018
Do you even try to play anything in that log? Can you try the fixed preset in XBMC and set the samplerate to 44100? There is nothing wrong in that log file to me. (that device can only do 2 channel 16bit pcm - right?)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Could you try this testbuild and report back please? (if its not working then reply with a new debug log (wiki)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
with MOTU Ultralite mk3 now it works perfectly! Thank you.
I am having the same problems (whatever file I try and play back through XBMC playback is double speed - maybe more - and audio distorted - all files play fine through VLC) with a new install of Gotham on:

mac Mini early 2009
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MM31.0081.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.35f0
NVIDIA GeForce 9400:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0861
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3362
Displays:
SAMSUNG:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

Architecture x86_64

I can find no SVN number on the system info pages, instead there is: XBMC 13.1 Git:20140604-84725b0

Log File: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=241308

I really like XBMC and I'd love it to work on my mac mini. Any help gratefully received. thank you.
can you try with the testversion i linked above?
Hi again, thank you. I tried the version above. Much, much better. Audio good, video playback mostly good but a bit jumpy. Doing anything else at all on the computer makes it stutter quite badly, sometimes it just stutters a bit on it's own. Please see log link below. Thanks for your help.

http://pastebin.com/02Hgpt1e
i only care about audio in this thread and won't look into other issues here. this build might behave not like an official build it was just ment to test new audio code from me. Thx for testing - i hope to get that code into mainline soon.
Fair enough. Thanks for your help, much appreciated
Memphiz,

I'm stoked to see you are working on a test build with audio fixes! Is this meant to fix the issue with sync under OSX later versions when the info window is displayed and hidden or the video is paused and resumed?

I have one of the Mac Mini's with optical out and this bug continues to annoy even into the latest Gotham so would love to help you test this.
I don't think so. This is all about proper channel mapping when using multichannel pcm (not passthrough) and about detecting multistream devices properly (mostly highend audio hardware).
Okay, got it - Well maybe the side effect will be it fixes the bug. Or I'll eventually just drop back to an older OSX. That new audio engine just seems to really dislike info window or pause/play with audio syncing under the latest OSX and my old toslink connection. But I'm sure I'm in the minority as time goes on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Interface Playback distorted and Accelerated0