Gotham - Local Information NFO Scraping
Hi

I thought I would post about a little problem I was having with Local Info scraping that I managed to solve in case anyone else has had the same problem.

It may have already been covered but a half hearted search has not produced any results for me (searched when I first had the problem)

When I was scraping from local info random shows were missing seasons, using re-scan would not rectify and the only way to get other seasons to drop in was to use internet scraper (TVDB) which defeats object of using local info!

After a lot of head scratching I discovered it was down to the episode numbering.

If a show has different numbering then the local scraper will only use the first seasons numbering as a rule and then will stop if another numbering convention is used.

EG

Show 1
Season 1 - S01E01... Scans OK
Season 2 - S02E02... Scans OK
Season 3 - 3x01 - SCAN WILL STOP

Above also applies in vice versa 1x01, 2x01, 3x01, S0401 = STOP

Happy I found the problem as thankfully a session using bulk rename utility will fix, and I hope that anyone else having this issue finds this useful. Big Grin
I found this out when using theRenamer and clicked on an alternate database, when it didn't show up under TVDb ( slight naming issue) and forgot I had now changed my default search wihtin tR only to find episodes not in the same order. Lesson learned - don't change scrapers midway.
Oh man thanks, that answers my question!
no worries magic_merkin, glad I could help.

For a brief moment thought I was the only one with a messy library!
I believe I face the same issue. Has this been fixed in Gotham 13.2 or in Helix Alpha 3?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - Local Information NFO Scraping0