Channel numbers
When using Aeon Nox and Confluence, if I switch the option to use the backend for channel numbers it only shows the basic OTA channels such as 4.1, 5.1, etc and does not show their subchannels such as 4.2, 5.2, etc. It displays only one channel as 4, 5, etc. If I switch to Aeon MQ5 it will show two channel 4's so it includes 4.1 and 4.2 and so on. Is there anyway to get Aeon Nox and Confluence to display all of my channels when using their actual channel numbers? Just to be clear, all skins show all channels when "use backened channel numbers" is not selected.
XBMC does not seem to cope with channel.subchannel numbering, and it is not something I have the need to cope with as my local provider does not use that sort of numbering,

However you can number your channels however you want, it is purely arbitrary and doe snot affect tuning or anything. You could renumber them in mythtv-setup to anything you want (as long as it doesn't have a . in it) and all will be well.

Channel numbers really are a relic of a bygone age of analogue TV. Do you really want to watch channel 4.2, or do you really want to watch CNN?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I guess I am just used to tuning into a channel by it's actual number but I could get used to this new way. It's just odd to me that some skins display them correctly and others don't. I really appreaciate your responses nickr.
I agree with you. I'm just setting this up now and it's annoying that I can't use a period or underscore in subchannels. Even though it might be the old way to doing things, it's easy to remember that 2.2 is channel 2, subchannel 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel numbers0