Poor quality through MythTV PVR
The majority of the time when using mythtv pvr I get like a wavy refresh on moving images while somewhat stationary backgrounds are clear. It does not do this while using the mythtv frontend, only XBMC. Is there some setting I can change to maybe allow more cpu usage for TV?
I think you need to enable deinterlacing.

While watching a something press OK, navigate to the video icon (this icon looks different depending which skin you have) and click OK again. Deinterlacing is the top option. Set to auto.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Enabling deinterlacing does help on at least some channels, but I've observed the same thing as the OP - the MythTV frontend still seems to provide a sharper picture than XBMC. I wish there was some way to make XBMC's picture a little sharper. The difference is especially noticeable on 1080i feeds, even after deinterlacing is applied.
Yes mythfrontend's playback is better. i suspect that more work has gone into deinterlacing in myth.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I turned it on, hopefully it works. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poor quality through MythTV PVR0