Buttons, xbmcgui.Window and doAction
I have been working on a plugin to show me the status of specified server, supplied by a JSON file generated on the server. I am able to connect, login, get the data and display it, but have not been able to figure out how to capture a button press to trigger a reload of the data.

I thought initially that I was not looking for the correct action codes in doAction, but it seems that the button presses are not being registered at all as I tried to output them to a contentLabel.setLabel and it never changes. I then tried to make a Dialog box to display the results of getButtonCode and still nothing would show when a button was pressed. It is worth noting that I am using XBMC Gotham 13.1 on an OUYA device (android). The only button that does seem to respond in the plugin is the (A) or back button which promptly dumps me back to the home screen of XBMC, it does not invoke the dialog box either.

[EDIT]

Looks like I just needed a break, went back over the docs and I'm a bonehead, was trying to use doAction instead of onAction. (DUH!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buttons, xbmcgui.Window and doAction0