Bug Artist Search
I have a very large Music collection, over 800 artists and 4000 albums which have all been digitalized (Almost 3 TB. of data, each artist in their own folder) and I use XBMC to sort through the mayhem...

As can be expected, a few Artists are not found by the scrapers when loaded to XBMC.
Pictures cannot be added to these Artists without doing a Artist Search.
When an Artist search is done on these Unknown Artists using any (I have tried them all) of the Scrapers available, NO data is found and No picture can be added because I am stuck at the Artist Name Search window.

Before Gotham I was able to trick, I mean work around this by changing the name of the artist, just slightly, so a finished Name search could be done, then I could select an artist name, with no visible data entry, then add the correct picture to the folder so at least visually it was correct. The Name of the Artist displayed outside the search DID NOT change, only the search name was altered.

Now if I try that the Artist name also changes, So I have no Data, I can add a Picture but the Artists name is forced to be incorrect.
(Example- The Correct Name of the Artist is Leeann Atherton, but no Name search results are found and I am stuck at the Artist Name entry, BUT if I change her name to just Leeann a Leeann "Somebuddy-else" will be found, then I can add the correct picture but the name is now displayed incorrectly as Leeann Somebuddy-else.

I noticed the ".nfo" scraper which says it only uses local data, but it too stalls at the Artist Name search every time.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a workaround?

How does the nfo scraper work?

Thank you for all that you do, you have made my large collection more manageable, playable and enjoyable.Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Search0