Gotham - CRAP
the latest version of XBMC is a HUGE wasted effort to me. 99% of the addon's claim that dependencies are not met, ones that i enjoyed in FRODO with no trouble are not available in GOTHAM because of the dependencies issue.

I tried GOTHAM before and was hugely disappointed (during the beta release), now with the so-called final release, there are STILL huge issues that make this a "deal breaker" for me.

the ONLY redeeming thing about GOTHAM is it is MARGINALLY faster than FRODO, but with all the limitations thus far, i may wait another 6 months to a year to try it again....

i am very disappointed
No one is forcing you to use Gotham or xbmc for that matter. And why is it xbmc's fault that the addon authors haven't updated their addons?

Ask the add-on authors to update their addons, I'm sure they will be real helpful towards you with your attitude.
The first thing to do would be to contact the addon authors, it's not the responsibility of anyone else to maintain the addons you say are no longer working.

Considering the amount of time Gotham has been out, any addons that haven't been updated are most likely no longer supported, so unless you hear back from the addon authors you might want to start looking around for replacement addons that continue to be developed and supported with Gotham compatible updates.

Rather than flame XBMC in your post, why not name the addons that are causing you a problem? Maybe the authors will respond, or you can be pointed in the direction of a working solution/update.

To claim that 99% of addons are incompatible with Gotham is entirely false, unless you have had the misfortune of installing pretty much exclusively those addons that developers no longer care about.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
as MilhouseVH has said, that claim is inncorrect. I the complete oppposite. 99% of the addons have been upgrading to run on Gotham. Gotham is a masterpiece. and your post is a rant more than anything. did you actually want any help/advice or just came on here to attack a free software, developed for free by people working on their free time. if so go use plex or something
(2014-06-27, 10:35)MediaPi Wrote: as MilhouseVH has said, that claim is inncorrect. I the complete oppposite. 99% of the addons have been upgrading to run on Gotham. Gotham is a masterpiece. and your post is a rant more than anything. did you actually want any help/advice or just came on here to attack a free software, developed for free by people working on their free time. if so go use plex or something

Agree to 100% .... The best things in life are free Wink as XBMC is... If it makes you trouble or you dont want it... Let it go and walk on ... I am a addon junkie, like to try out mostly anything and only 1-2 % of the addons out there are not working or not working correctly... This is a amount i can live with... Big Grin

For that thx to Team XBMC and "Testbuild-Boys" Popcornmix and Millhouse for the great work and for a open ear to all questions and troubles the Users have... And all that for free (since xbmc appears on the first xbox and installed it there)... THIS IS NOT USUAL IN THIS WORLD!!! Big Grin

Greetz,
J.
he's most likely complaining that his piracy addons are no longer working because they haven't been updated by the authors. If this is not the case, please name the addons and we try to give help on how to make them compatible or which ones can be used as replacement.
All of this peeps posts are negative.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - CRAP2