XBOX 1 DVD remote on Gotham, anyone?
Hi guys,

Is there anyone here that had a success with the XBOX 1 DVD kit (dongle + remote) on Gotham?

I just love that remote and I've been using it for years. But after upgrading to Gotham, something seems to have changed with Lirc. The config files I used earlier, simply no longer works.

Help, plz...
Upgrading to gotham made zero difference on both machines to the remotes I use (one is custom programmed, the other is an xbox 360 media remote). I think it's more likely to be the underlying system than xbmc, but a debug log (wiki) of xbmc starting up should show if its connecting to lirc correctly.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
My bad...
Forgot to mention that I have installed Gotham (and upgraded to 13.1) from the latest XBMC Live CD, which is built on Ubuntu 14.04. So it may have something related to Lirc and Linux Kernel.
Would love to use that XBOX remote again.
It could well be kernel related. From a terminal, 'lsusb' will list the connected usb devices - I presume the dongle is usb ? I'd also check dmesg to see what's going on. 'dmesg | grep "usb" ' would probably be a good starting place.
I have tryed lsusb and the dongle is there alright. The problem seem to be the Lirc, failing to start the lircd daemon due to... don't know. Lirc seems to have been changed on later years. The Linux kernel also seem to have adopted some of the Lirc functions.
My hope were to find anyone here that have already been messing around with the XBOX 1 (original xbox) DVD dongle + Lirc + Gotham + Ubuntu 14.04... and succeeded. Smile
OK, a bit of digging around reveals a thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743470 that I suggest you read. In spite of the fact that it was started in 2011, as you follow it through you will see it is almost up to date. Should give you an idea of what is needed.
Thank you! Kudos to you, black_eagle! Nod

Emm... Seems like there's no easy way at the moment:
"the newest lirc seems to have broken xbox support"

Think I better get an MCE remote instead... ConfusedRolleyes
I spent hours on this exact issue yesterday, thinking it works by default on raspbmc, should be able to get it to work.
Accepted failure, Ordered a mce reomote .
Just got the mce remote vrc-1100, if time is money just spend the $13.00, works great, all is well on default xbmcubuntu gotham install out the box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX 1 DVD remote on Gotham, anyone?0