Invalid structure when adding WMC Server
I am running WMC on Win7 X64 and XBMC Gotham 13.1. I went to install "Install_ServerWMC-1150.zip" using the instructions XBMC>System>Add-ons>Install from zip file. When I select to install I get a message indicating it is the wrong structure. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
ServerWMC is the backend application you install on the WMC pc. The PVR addon in XBMC that you can update from zip is called pvr.wmc. You need the 2.95 version to match your XBMC
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-06-27, 12:18)scarecrow420 Wrote: ServerWMC is the backend application you install on the WMC pc. The PVR addon in XBMC that you can update from zip is called pvr.wmc. You need the 2.95 version to match your XBMC

I understand ( I think) what you are saying. I had not installed or enabled the PVR Addon yet. I was trying to install the server first. Is "Install_ServerWMC-1150.zip" the correct file for that? Is the reason I got the "wrong structure" error because the PVR addon was not enabled before trying to install the server?
Almost: In xbmc you do need the pvr.wmc addon enabled. You can get this addon by downloading and installing xbmc, then you just enable it in the pvr addons section. There is no need to download and install it from our website unless you want to use the newest version (I'd say worry about that later, if at all). To install the pvr.wmc addon, go to the disabled addons section of xbmc, and look for pvr clients, in there you will see one for Windows Media Center, select this addon and enable it. This is one step, the other is below...

What you have wrong is this: ServerWMC also needs to be installed and running but it is NOT an addon to xbmc, it is a stand alone application that needs to be running on the same computer that you have wmc installed. To install it, just run the msi file inside the zip file you downloaded - it installs like any normal windows application (i.e. do not do it inside of xbmc!). It provides the 'server' functionality to wmc - so it needs to be running in order for xbmc/pvr.wmc to use media center as the backend.

Its better if you install and run serverwmc before you enable the addon in xbmc, but either way will work. Let us know if you still have questions.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Got it, Krusty!

I had been reading one of the guides. Apparently the wrong one. In that guide it indicated to navigate within XBMC to install addon via zip file. I have the server running, the recordedtv folder shared. Then went in to XBMC and enabled the windows PVR client addon. Only problem is when I click on Live TV I get the "No PVR clients have been started yet." error. I think it may have something to do with the configuration. I also think I saw somewhere I needed to configure a static IP for this and then put that in the configuration for the client. I will read further. Thanks.
You don't need to have a static ip. You don't mention whether xbmc is running the on the same machine or a different machine that serverwmc, but for simplicity try to get it running on the same machine for now. Remember that it needs the following:
1. wmc must be configure and working.
2. Serverwmc needs to be running on the machine that has wmc (but wmc doesn't need to be running)
3. the Windows Media Center addon (pvr.wmc) needs to be ENABLED in xbmc.

As long as the above is correct, you should not have a problem connecting to serverwmc (unless you messed with the default ip address in the addon).
Krusty,

While reading I ran up on this comment:

"Along came ServerWMC, which is a great app primarily developed by krustyreturns (and a couple others) to allow you to use your WMC HTPC as a backend XBMC PVR server. To begin, this does not work for copy-once material."

Is this true? If so, I am stuck with regard to using XBMC. I am using Time Warner Cable and they are ruthless about using the copy-once flag.
Yes that's true, none of the backends can play copy-once. An easy test is to just try and play one of your saved wtv files with xbmc directly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Invalid structure when adding WMC Server0