Is software decoding OK?
There's always Gentoo. Brilliant ARM support, naturally.
(2014-07-07, 16:06)fritsch Wrote: No there is no repo for arm and the 12.1 version ubuntu provides is heavily fucked up and not supported by us.

I guess the next question would be how to compile from source.

Would following this guide work? (minus the ppa steps, manually installing the required packages)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...for_Ubuntu

(2014-07-07, 16:09)xbmcreallyrocks Wrote: There's always Gentoo. Brilliant ARM support, naturally.

Well, this is "Linux For Tegra" (https://developer.nvidia.com/linux-tegra-rel-19) which is what comes with the Jetson TK1. It is basically Ubuntu 14.04 with all of Nvidia's drivers included.

I'm not forced to stick with Ubuntu, but it has the most support. I thought about switching to Fedora arm until I found the following bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1110909

For now I will keep messing with it, if I have any better results than what I mentioned earlier I will post here.
As the system's cpu is not the slowest, you can try to directly build on the host by following the building instructions, but take care to specify the correct configure dependencies.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-07-07, 16:50)fritsch Wrote: As the system's cpu is not the slowest, you can try to directly build on the host by following the building instructions, but take care to specify the correct configure dependencies.

Thanks, just started.

So far the following packages are not found:

libcec1 libcrystalhd-dev libcrystalhd3

Assuming they are for x86 / x86_64 only and continuing.

*EDIT*

Stuck here:

checking consistency of all components of python development environment... yes
configure: Using Python 2.7
== Wayland disabled. ==
checking for main in -lEGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

*EDIT 2*

Nevermind.

Found the missing package(s) were:

sudo apt-get install libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libSDL2-dev
You probably need mesa compiled with EGL support. This is where Gentoo really shines. Come on over to our side.
Just started to compile now with `make -j5`

If any of the following doesn't look right let me know. TIA

------------------------
XBMC Configuration:
------------------------
git Rev.: 20140707-dae6f76
Xbmc Version: 14.0-ALPHA1
Debugging: Yes
Profiling: No
Optimization: Yes
SWIG Available: Yes
JRE Available: Yes
Doxygen Available: No
Crosscomp.: No
target ARCH: arm
target CPU:
OpenGLES: Yes
ALSA: Yes
DBUS: Yes
VDPAU: Yes
VAAPI: Yes
CrystalHD: No
VTBDecoder: No
OpenMax: No
Joystick: No
XRandR: No
Waveform: Yes
Spectrum: Yes
GOOM: No
RSXS: Yes
FishBMC: No
ProjectM: No
Skin Touched: No
X11: No
Wayland: No
Bluray: Yes
TexturePacker:Yes
MID Support: No
ccache: Yes
ALSA Support: Yes
PulseAudio: Yes
HAL Support: No
DVDCSS: Yes
Google Test Framework Configured: Yes
Avahi: Yes
mDNSEmbedded: No
Non-free: Yes
ASAP Codec: No
MySQL: Yes
Webserver: Yes
libssh support: Yes
libRTMP support: Yes
libsmbclient support: Yes
libnfs client support:Yes
libafpclient support: No
AirPlay support: Yes
AirTunes support: No
UPnP support: Yes
Optical drive: Yes
libudev support: Yes
libusb support: No
libcec support: Yes
libmp3lame support: Yes
libvorbisenc support: Yes
libcap support: Yes
additional players: No
additional codecs: No
PVR add-ons: No
prefix: /usr/local
------------------------
Looks like I hit a brick wall:

after
./configure --enable-gles --enable-tegra --disable-vdpau
and
make -j5

LinuxRendererGLES.cpp: In member function ‘void CLinuxRendererGLES::UploadYV12Texture(int)’:
LinuxRendererGLES.cpp:1691:39: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘im->YV12Image:Confusedtride[0]’ from ‘unsigned int’ to ‘int’ inside { } is ill-formed in C++11 [-Wnarrowing]
int srcStride[] = { im->stride[0], im->stride[1], im->stride[2], 0 };
^
LinuxRendererGLES.cpp:1691:54: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘im->YV12Image:Confusedtride[1]’ from ‘unsigned int’ to ‘int’ inside { } is ill-formed in C++11 [-Wnarrowing]
^
LinuxRendererGLES.cpp:1691:69: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘im->YV12Image:Confusedtride[2]’ from ‘unsigned int’ to ‘int’ inside { } is ill-formed in C++11 [-Wnarrowing]
^
LinuxRendererGLES.cpp:1693:40: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘(((CLinuxRendererGLES*)this)->CLinuxRendererGLES::<anonymous>.CBaseRenderer::m_sourceWidth * 4u)’ from ‘unsigned int’ to ‘int’ inside { } is ill-formed in C++11 [-Wnarrowing]
int dstStride[] = { m_sourceWidth*4, 0, 0, 0 };
^
make: *** [xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a] Error 2
(2014-07-07, 16:50)fritsch Wrote: As the system's cpu is not the slowest, you can try to directly build on the host by following the building instructions, but take care to specify the correct configure dependencies.

I should have read this more carefully, you weren't kidding with the "take care to specify the correct configure dependencies".

I was finally presented with:
LD xbmc.bin
-----------------------
XBMC built successfully
-----------------------

What I did:

# clone the Gotham branch (as a shallow clone), not the latest alpha.
git clone -b Gotham --depth 1 git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git xbmc

# bootstrap
./bootstrap

# copied verbatim the raspbian compile flags, adding only the --enable-tegra option to it.
./configure --enable-tegra --disable-gl --enable-gles --disable-x11 --disable-sdl --enable-ccache --enable-optimizations --enable-external-libraries --disable-goom --disable-hal --disable-pulse --disable-vaapi --disable-vdpau --disable-xrandr --disable-airplay --disable-alsa --enable-avahi --disable-libbluray --disable-dvdcss --disable-debug --disable-joystick --enable-mid --disable-nfs --disable-profiling --disable-projectm --enable-rsxs --enable-rtmp --disable-vaapi --disable-vdadecoder --disable-external-ffmpeg --disable-optical-drive

# make using 4 cores
make -j4

*Edit*

Now receiving error "unable to create gui. exiting xbmc" when trying to launch. Will play around with it again tomorrow, I probably disabled something required (x11?).
the output you posted above does not show the error that breaks it, those are just some warnings. Compile till it breaks, then run make single threaded.

Edit: and the configure line from raspbian has some very dubious stuff like external libs, disabling alsa etc. Not sure what exactly is needed/supported on the K1 though.
"unable to create gui. exiting xbmc"

I get the same thing on my Pandaboard ES. I thought it was because I'm using the omapfb drivers which don't have OpenGL support.
there is hardware support for encoding and decoding via gstreamer
Then only someone with too much time and this hardware needs to look into it ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-07-08, 23:10)xbmcreallyrocks Wrote: "unable to create gui. exiting xbmc"

I get the same thing on my Pandaboard ES. I thought it was because I'm using the omapfb drivers which don't have OpenGL support.

In your case it is.
What about hardware decoding?

Zotac specification talks about gst-openmax and openmax is supported by xbmc,

otherwise you can try to import CuBox xbmc core for gstreamer from:
https://github.com/rabeeh/xbmc/blob/mast...reamer.cpp

please report if succesfull as I'd like to buy one...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is software decoding OK?0