iOS No FULL music listing, but recently added is there
Question 
Hi all

Loving the XMBC experience via my new Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC installed and the Official xbmc remote ios app on my iPhone 4. The music library (no video) is mostly Apple Lossless, about 193gb and 10,000 tracks.

However, I can't see any of the music database on the iOS app under any of the "Albums", "Artists" or "Genres" sidebar tabs. Those screens are completely empty.

Here's what does work:

- The music is there and plays using the main screen (i.e. XBMC via HMDI on my TV set).
- The iOS app remote buttons work and control XBMC well (and instantly over my wifi), so I know there is a connection between XBMC and the app.
- Even though the music isn't listed it does list the recently added albums (25), songs (133), the top 100 albums and top 100 songs.
- I can select music from the "recently added" or "top 100" lists and play those songs, but that is about 1% of what's there.

So the app is reading the database on the XBMC to get that data (and I can pick and play songs there), but it just won't list the full database.

Here's what I've tried
- I have rescanned the library and reboot several times and left it to re-index the database until complete.
- I tried it mounted on a NAS and now on a USB HDD.
- I have executed a rescan from the ios app too.

How is it that the ios app can control and even pick a small number of tracks but can't list the whole catalogue?

It can't be a connection issue as, presumably, nothing would work and no DB info would pass at all.

Help on this would be great as the whole thing is working so well in all other respects.

THANKS!

BTW, the webgui (AWX) provides the full catalogue (925 albums) as does the main screen for XBMC. Just not my ios app :-(
Ok. I found our t what to do with my fat fingers

There is a sync function that is activated in the app on the blank screens where the album list should be by touch-hold-pulling down on the blank area.

Cool.

Now to sort out where my classical music has gone ..... Bad tag recognition maybe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No FULL music listing, but recently added is there0