Quicker changes for channels
Hi,

I am hoping this is the right place for this thread, if not please point me to the correct area Smile

Is there a setting / way to change the way the TV Guide switches channel?
Background:
I have Argus TV setup on a windows server (Running Beta 13 - but the issue has been the same on all versions)
I use XBMC on 2 windows clients (both windows 8.1 if that makes a difference!) (13.1 Margo edition -- for quicker channel changes)

When I am on live TV it takes around 8 to 10 seconds to connect to the first channel I select from the guide (it seems to be around the same length of time regardless of HD / SD and DVB-S or DVB-T)
Once I have connected to the live TV stream I see two very different ways of selecting the channel, which in my mind should give the same result... but they don't

Issue:
When I type the channel number on the remote (or letting Xbox One type it for me by talking to it (love that feature)) it changes channel in a matter of seconds (perhaps a small variation depending on HD to SD and if it is moving across tuners -- but this is minor).
When I select a channel via the Guide it then takes 8 to 10 seconds to change channel.

Personally from a user point of view I can't see how the two cause a difference in channel change time.
From a technical point of view it may be doing something very different.

So I suppose my question (after the rambling sorry) is : how do I change something to make the two work the same?

Cheers

Phil
To update you on this (and to ensure full clarity)

Switching by zap number = quick
switching by on screen epg (just the channel list = quick
switching by using the timeline epg guide = slow.

however myself and my wife only ever use the timeline view as its a nicer view (in our opinion) and I have it mapped to a button on the remote.

Cheers
Hello, could it be the remote? If you use mouse/keyboard is it the same?
Post a debug log (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quicker changes for channels0