[MOD] reFocus 1.3.3 horizontal (Discontinued)
Warning
This release of reFocus is not compatible with XBMC nightly builds anymore. Please use this skin on the XBMC 13 Gotham release only.

Please note that this mod, may be bugs. I change the original files

Update: 08/07

Changes on load home (One more time Blush)
New colors design in home menu (Thx to joro_abv)

Box : https://app.box.com/s/45666uob3uwfscqn91ny

Update:06/07
Changes in shelves (back to the origns)
Fix label and logo position in "Use a slideshow of your fanart" view (Thx Holy-Montain)

Update:30/06
Changes in shelves navigation (i'm not very happy but is for check)

To install this MOD, do like the original release by Jeroen Here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=191491
  • Change menu to horizontal
  • Add view Poster & Fanart from reFocus Glass ([MOD] by Reynald (Thx.))

Thanks very much Jeroen for the skin, time and patience.
Thanks to Unfledged, too.

I hope you like it.
very pretty,. I think jeroen will make as a horizontal menu also soon ! purpose shelf no longer works now?
It is a pleasure to see one of my views on your mod Smile This is meant to be shared. Thank you for your work.
(2014-06-28, 11:14)Reynald Wrote: very pretty,. I think jeroen will make as a horizontal menu also soon ! purpose shelf no longer works now?
It is a pleasure to see one of my views on your mod Smile This is meant to be shared. Thank you for your work.

Shelf works.

Thx.
I'll try that! Thank you for your work Wink
(2014-06-28, 11:19)Seque Wrote:
(2014-06-28, 11:14)Reynald Wrote: very pretty,. I think jeroen will make as a horizontal menu also soon ! purpose shelf no longer works now?

Shelf works.

Thx.

not really with the git version
(2014-06-28, 12:23)a_user Wrote:
(2014-06-28, 11:19)Seque Wrote:

Shelf works.

Thx.

not really with the git version

It's a zip folder
Very nice work. A couple of suggestions, if you don't mind Smile

The shelf navigation feels wrong with a horizontal menu. It's an up press to get to it, then it switches to left/right to switch between tv/movie/music shelves (and up/down to navigate between items). I suspect it would feel more natural if it was switched so that up/down switched between the different shelves, and left/right between items on the shelf.

I had to change the shelf items before they would show up (e.g. just selecting "Enable shelf" doesn't work - I have to "Enable shelf", then change the item type for each Movie/TV/Music before they'll show). Only needs to be done the first time when enabling shelf, and I vaguely remember having the same issue with reFocus proper.

Finally, you could remove &mode=single from the skinshortcuts build commands, as they're needed only for reFocus proper's menu with all items in a single list - it'll marginally speed up the menu building, and reduce the size of the resulting includes file. - There's also no need to run the script on back on the main menu, again that's only needed for reFocus' single list menu.

Edit: One more, for maximum XBMC compatibility (although tbh I don't know whether it'd cause any issues, it's just how every addon is named), might be worth changing the addon id in addon.xml and the folder containing the skin to "skin.refocus.horizontal" Smile

Keep up the fantastic work!
Nice work. Smile

Is there a way to reduce or remove the opacity? On small screens (I have a 26'') the menu items are hardly readable because of the opacity ...
I hate getting the quote and edit buttons mixed up. Grr Sad

But seeing as I've added an extra post here, it looks like the opacity is set for the main menu by base4 and base5, and for the submenu by Color8, in the %skin%/colors/Default.xml file - the first two characters adjust how much transparency there is in hex, from 00 (0 in decimal) for completely transparent to FF (255 in decimal) for not-transparent-at-all. They're all at aa at the moment (170), so adjust upwards from there to get the desired effect. (Google is good at converting decimal to hex!)
(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: Very nice work. A couple of suggestions, if you don't mind Smile
Thanks you very much. I don't mind, suggestions always are good.

(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: The shelf navigation feels wrong with a horizontal menu. It's an up press to get to it, then it switches to left/right to switch between tv/movie/music shelves (and up/down to navigate between items). I suspect it would feel more natural if it was switched so that up/down switched between the different shelves, and left/right between items on the shelf.
It's true...

(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: I had to change the shelf items before they would show up (e.g. just selecting "Enable shelf" doesn't work - I have to "Enable shelf", then change the item type for each Movie/TV/Music before they'll show). Only needs to be done the first time when enabling shelf, and I vaguely remember having the same issue with reFocus proper.
I think i don't make any change with shelf, i use the Jeroen code, but i look it...

(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: Finally, you could remove &mode=single from the skinshortcuts build commands, as they're needed only for reFocus proper's menu with all items in a single list - it'll marginally speed up the menu building, and reduce the size of the resulting includes file. - There's also no need to run the script on back on the main menu, again that's only needed for reFocus' single list menu.
I'm lost with skinshortscuts, can you tell me more, please?

(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: Edit: One more, for maximum XBMC compatibility (although tbh I don't know whether it'd cause any issues, it's just how every addon is named), might be worth changing the addon id in addon.xml and the folder containing the skin to "skin.refocus.horizontal" Smile
Ok, i'll make this change.

(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: Keep up the fantastic work!
I'll try....
(2014-06-28, 17:41)Seque Wrote:
(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: Finally, you could remove &mode=single from the skinshortcuts build commands, as they're needed only for reFocus proper's menu with all items in a single list - it'll marginally speed up the menu building, and reduce the size of the resulting includes file. - There's also no need to run the script on back on the main menu, again that's only needed for reFocus' single list menu.

Sure. There is the code

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&mode=single&mainmenuID=9110

in the files Home.xml, SkinSettings.xml and script-skinshortcuts.xml. This is what causes the script to build the menu. In every case, this could be:

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&mainmenuID=9110

Because the mode=single bit tells the script to build all the menu items in a single list, as used by the unmodded reFocus. As I said, without it the menu should build ever-so-slightly faster, and the file that the script is building will be smaller.

Also in HomeMenu.xml - line 143 - you still have

PHP Code:
<onback>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=hidesubmenu&amp;mainmenuID=9110)</onback

This is what causes the submenu items to hide in the unmodded reFocus (and makes sure the correct item is then focused), and can be removed when you're using two separate lists for the main and the submenus.

Neither are particular problems, by the way - your mod works, and will continue to work, really well with them in. They're just not necessary if you're only providing the horizontal menu.

One other thing - you probably don't want to include the file script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml when you distribute your mod. This is the file that contains your own custom menus. The skin shortcuts script will build this file itself.

Hope that's clearer. Smile

(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: Keep up the fantastic work!
I'll try....

I'm very sure you'll manage Smile
(2014-06-28, 18:00)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: Finally, you could remove &amp;mode=single from the skinshortcuts build commands, as they're needed only for reFocus proper's menu with all items in a single list - it'll marginally speed up the menu building, and reduce the size of the resulting includes file. - There's also no need to run the script on back on the main menu, again that's only needed for reFocus' single list menu.

Sure. There is the code

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mode=single&amp;mainmenuID=9110

in the files Home.xml, SkinSettings.xml and script-skinshortcuts.xml. This is what causes the script to build the menu. In every case, this could be:

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9110

Because the mode=single bit tells the script to build all the menu items in a single list, as used by the unmodded reFocus. As I said, without it the menu should build ever-so-slightly faster, and the file that the script is building will be smaller.

Also in HomeMenu.xml - line 143 - you still have

PHP Code:
<onback>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=hidesubmenu&amp;mainmenuID=9110)</onback

This is what causes the submenu items to hide in the unmodded reFocus (and makes sure the correct item is then focused), and can be removed when you're using two separate lists for the main and the submenus.

Neither are particular problems, by the way - your mod works, and will continue to work, really well with them in. They're just not necessary if you're only providing the horizontal menu.

One other thing - you probably don't want to include the file script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml when you distribute your mod. This is the file that contains your own custom menus. The skin shortcuts script will build this file itself.

Hope that's clearer. Smile

OK, man at work...
(2014-06-28, 15:02)Unfledged Wrote: The shelf navigation feels wrong with a horizontal menu. It's an up press to get to it, then it switches to left/right to switch between tv/movie/music shelves (and up/down to navigate between items). I suspect it would feel more natural if it was switched so that up/down switched between the different shelves, and left/right between items on the shelf.
It's true...
I have a problem with switched up/down left/right shelf, i need the group list of shelves have a reverse order, because when you move between items press up the scroll is down and doesn't look very well. Have you any idea to change de order?
(2014-06-29, 12:52)Seque Wrote: I have a problem with switched up/down left/right shelf, i need the group list of shelves have a reverse order, because when you move between items press up the scroll is down and doesn't look very well. Have you any idea to change de order?

Rearrange their order in the grouplist. You can also play with button 99999 to change the order that they focus (which may help to ensure the last item in the grouplist is focused, so that pressing up isn't jumping from the first-to-the-last item which I suspect is causing the bad-looking scroll you mentioned.)
(2014-06-29, 13:52)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-06-29, 12:52)Seque Wrote: I have a problem with switched up/down left/right shelf, i need the group list of shelves have a reverse order, because when you move between items press up the scroll is down and doesn't look very well. Have you any idea to change de order?

Rearrange their order in the grouplist. You can also play with button 99999 to change the order that they focus (which may help to ensure the last item in the grouplist is focused, so that pressing up isn't jumping from the first-to-the-last item which I suspect is causing the bad-looking scroll you mentioned.)

I rearrange the order, the problem is at first time you start XBMC or reload skin. Y use this code into 99999 button.
Code:
        <control type="button" id="99999">
            <onfocus>SetFocus(9150)</onfocus>
            <onfocus>SetFocus(9140)</onfocus>
            <onfocus>SetFocus(9130)</onfocus>
            <onfocus>SetFocus(9120)</onfocus>            
            <onfocus>SetFocus(9110)</onfocus>
            <visible></visible>
        </control>
First time or on reload skin has not effect, always shows first item and i need the last item. After you navigate always works well Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus 1.3.3 horizontal (Discontinued)3