• 14(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
I was playing this weekend with the new code and noticed the cskips were way off versus the current mythtv module. Did anyone else have this experience?

I am running fixes/0.27 [v0.27.3-150-g082d5c1] right now.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
@all,

I am pleased to announce that the new addon "pvr.mythtv" has been merged with master repository !

Thank you all for the help in debugging that has allowed to deliver the first release.
(2014-08-24, 15:45)janbar Wrote: @all,

I am pleased to announce that the new addon "pvr.mythtv" has been merged with master repository !

Thank you all for the help in debugging that has allowed to deliver the first release.

Awesome news
How can I update to this new version?

I'm using the cmyth add-on now, but would like to try this one out. I'm running it on a FireTV, if that's makes a difference. I tried forcing a refresh of the PVR add-ons and it didn't show up in my list.

Thanks,
Paul
@janbar nice, thanks for your work. Just to update - I have not noticed any long pauses during playback or failure to play live tv after suspend for a while now, thanks (I do sometimes see xbmc disconnecting and reconnecting to the backend after resuming every now and then, I guess this is when I previously would fail to start livetv?).
Your work on updating this add-on has resulted in my registering here to comment Smile

Excellent work, I far prefer this to the cmyth version. Very glad to see it is in the official repository as it should make life simpler getting it onto my openelec install on my rpi.

I have one item I would like to discuss and that is integration with the xbmc library. I was very hopeful when i saw in Gotham (maybe it existed before) that there was a network media source type of TV Recordings that uses the pvr:// protocol. However, although I can connect to mythtv through this, the grabbers don't register anything b/c the listings that are returned don't include season/episode information.

I am assuming that it is the PVR add-on that is handling serving the listings from the TV Recordings source type.

I had been assuming mythtv API itself was behind the times and not providing this, but looking at the API specification it seems to provide it in the returned XML.

Is this something that should already be working and I am missing something, or is it something not yet added, or is it something that hasn't really been on your radar?
Any chance of adding HLS support?
I have a Pivos box being used as an FE, and it doesn't seem capable of playing OTA content.
Would love to have the ability to configure the plugin on that box to request lower quality version of the content.(Eg...Stereo rather then 5.1)
@janbar

Still having "no audio" problems with Freeview HD AAC LATM. I am running master.

Sample ts capture for a single program https://www.dropbox.com/s/6stb9541dczz71...re.ts?dl=0

Sample ts capture for full multiplex https://www.dropbox.com/s/po4slm62qba7uu...re.ts?dl=0

Mike
I am having an odd issue. I am running myth v0.27.3-150-g082d5c on ubuntu 14.04. XBMC 13.1 Git:f2acae7.
1 tuner is a motorola stb controlled via firewire, and 2 tuners on an hd homerun. All have worked flawlessly for months now.
I just set up the pvr.mythtv add-on, and it mostly works. The only problem I am having is that it only "sees" 193 channels. even though there are hundreds available on myth. also, it doesn't seem to see the hd homerun tuners either. Is there a setting or something to allow is to pick up more channels/tuners?

DoTheDog
(2014-08-26, 15:36)MikeB2013 Wrote: @janbar

Still having "no audio" problems with Freeview HD AAC LATM. I am running master.

Sample ts capture for a single program https://www.dropbox.com/s/6stb9541dczz71...re.ts?dl=0

Sample ts capture for full multiplex https://www.dropbox.com/s/po4slm62qba7uu...re.ts?dl=0

Mike

Thanks for captures Big Grin. The issue is fixed now and my master contains commits to fix it.
Hey Janbar/all,

I've been using the new mythtv addon for a while now and it works great except for one case for me. If I'm watching TV and theirs a recording that is going to start in the old cmyth addon I would get an error message informing me that livetv would stop then I'd end up being dropped back to the last menu I was on in xbmc.With the new addon, I see the message saying theirs a recording conflict, and then my xbmc session freezes (never times out). I normally need to login via ssh and do a kill -9 on xbmc and restart it to watch tv again. I don't see much in the xbmc.log (http://pastebin.com/rU8aCATh).

Anyone else experience this?

Nav
(2014-08-27, 13:46)Navman Wrote: Hey Janbar/all,

I've been using the new mythtv addon for a while now and it works great except for one case for me. If I'm watching TV and theirs a recording that is going to start in the old cmyth addon I would get an error message informing me that livetv would stop then I'd end up being dropped back to the last menu I was on in xbmc.With the new addon, I see the message saying theirs a recording conflict, and then my xbmc session freezes (never times out). I normally need to login via ssh and do a kill -9 on xbmc and restart it to watch tv again. I don't see much in the xbmc.log (http://pastebin.com/rU8aCATh).

Anyone else experience this?

Nav
What is the xbmc version, Gotham or Helix ? (logs is incomplete from pastebin)

EDIT: Also i need to know if you use mpeg-ts demuxing option. Brief the full xbmc.log would be great.
It look like a dead lock; i will test it again using the two configuration: using demuxing or not
(2014-08-24, 15:45)janbar Wrote: @all,

Congrats and great work.
When you mean the "pvr.mythtv" has been merged with master repository. are you referring to the xbmc master repository?

Tried forcing a refresh on my android device. But its not showing up? at the moment im using the cmyth version and would love to try this one out.

Thanks

John
Janbar, A feature that I think would be awesome would be an option to have a 3-5 second count down in an xbmc notification before a commercial skip. Would that even be possible to implement easily? (I don't know if you have any kind of advance notice in the code of when a commercial skip is about to happen?) If so, would it be something you'd be interested in adding to the addon?

The reason I would find it useful is as I'm sure you know, mythtv comskip isn't 100% reliable and I'm frequently doing 2+ things at a time. When a commercial is about to come up, I have to focus on the TV and wait to see if it skips then return to whatever I was doing before if it does, or start hitting +30 seconds if it doesn't. If I don't, I usually realize half way through the commercials that they are playing. It would be nice if I could just glance up and see that a comskip is going to happen as whatever show is about to go to break.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1