• 17(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
I really don't like the change in how folders are handled.

Shows are no longer in alphabetical order since folders are grouped at the top of the list and single items are grouped at the bottom of the list. In addition, when a folder has two items and you delete one, the remaining item will suddenly disappear and fall back to the single item grouping. It seems that both items have been deleted until you return to the previous listing.

Other PVR clients (ie, ArgusTV) that have this structure receive complaints. Having the subfolders was one of the primary reasons I selected xbmc/kodi as my frontend for MythTV.

Can this please be made an option? A settings page is available for client options within the LiveTV module.

Otherwise, fantastic work on this plugin!
Hi janbar,

thanks a lot for your work. Something that currently prevents me from using this plugin on a daily basis is that i observe picture corruption about every minute. The picture does not stop oder stutter but only builds some blocks and continues to play.

If I skip back and watch the same scene again, it does not happen anymore. If I'm watching some seconds in timeshift (after skipping back) it never happens. This only seems to happen if I am watching near-live.

I suspect that the data from the backend comes late and this now has an effect as the whole stream setup is faster.

Unfortunately, the debug log does not show anything when this happens.

My setup:
mythtv HEAD of 0.27 branch
xbmc HEAD of gotham branch
pvr addon HEAD of gotham branch of your repository

mythbackend is on a separate system and storing its data on btrfs (i suspect this could cause delays)

Are you aware of such an issue or do you have an idea on how to analyze it?
(2014-09-03, 17:26)pyrodex Wrote: I've noticed that when a show is completed the new addon isn't marking them as watched like the older cmyth one was. Is this a possibility in the API version?

Yes this is, since MythTV 0.28-pre. I think before the end of the year the new release 0.28 will be out, it is not too long. Else you have to install the master branch of mythtv.
(2014-09-03, 19:36)struggles Wrote: I really don't like the change in how folders are handled.

Shows are no longer in alphabetical order since folders are grouped at the top of the list and single items are grouped at the bottom of the list. In addition, when a folder has two items and you delete one, the remaining item will suddenly disappear and fall back to the single item grouping. It seems that both items have been deleted until you return to the previous listing.

Other PVR clients (ie, ArgusTV) that have this structure receive complaints. Having the subfolders was one of the primary reasons I selected xbmc/kodi as my frontend for MythTV.

Can this please be made an option? A settings page is available for client options within the LiveTV module.

Yes it can be an option. So by default i can let as before and then add a new setting like "Group recordings by title" in advanced tab. Possible values will be "*Always* , Only for series, Never".
(2014-09-03, 20:00)Natronch Wrote: Hi janbar,

thanks a lot for your work. Something that currently prevents me from using this plugin on a daily basis is that i observe picture corruption about every minute. The picture does not stop oder stutter but only builds some blocks and continues to play.

If I skip back and watch the same scene again, it does not happen anymore. If I'm watching some seconds in timeshift (after skipping back) it never happens. This only seems to happen if I am watching near-live.

I suspect that the data from the backend comes late and this now has an effect as the whole stream setup is faster.

Unfortunately, the debug log does not show anything when this happens.

My setup:
mythtv HEAD of 0.27 branch
xbmc HEAD of gotham branch
pvr addon HEAD of gotham branch of your repository

mythbackend is on a separate system and storing its data on btrfs (i suspect this could cause delays)

Are you aware of such an issue or do you have an idea on how to analyze it?

You should have message like "read ahead" in log. Meaning addon cannot read more data and then it wait 100ms. So after few times the timeshift grows and you should no more have the issue. I bold the thing like that.
Otherwise your player could read to fast (bad synchro) because it drop frames with errors: Here it could be due to signal quality.
Finally the backend could be too slow to write data to the disk: btrfs ? Here i use ext4 with mount options below (important !!!):

UUID=1f314843-0ab1-4dee-9e89-562446549eae /local ext4 noatime,nodiratime 0 2

Storage for livetv, recordings etc... are within /local and mount options are "noatime,nodiratime" to avoid update of access time on each read/write operation !!!
(2014-09-03, 21:32)janbar Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 19:36)struggles Wrote: I really don't like the change in how folders are handled.

Yes it can be an option. So by default i can let as before and then add a new setting like "Group recordings by title" in advanced tab. Possible values will be "*Always* , Only for series, Never".

Excellent! I like your idea for the grouping option.

Many thanks for considering this change.

@nickr
Now the new behavior can be configured by the new setting "Group recordings by title".

Also since few days ago i pushed a change in background Big Grin , allowing user to create his own map for EIT categories. I wanted this feature long time ago and finally i made it.
With that you can add more words or sentences matching with category codes, avoiding to update field "category" of your myth database. Here i use xmltv and all categories are translated with french language, so the matching cannot be done and no colors in the epg screen.
To make it: copy the original file "pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt" from the addons folder to your user folder of the addon: ".xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/", then edit it to match category codes with your mythtv category strings:

0x10;"Film"
0x20;"Nouvelles"
0x20;"journal"

You can add more than one "meaning" per category code:

0x10;"Film"
0x10;"Cinéma"

Remove unmodified matching or unused, so keep only rows with change or new, because addon will continue to use the original file and then it is not necessary to have double.

Finally restart the addon to take account the user file. Now addon will match custom category and you will able to see colors in epg.
Many of the features in the new plugin use mythtv 0.28 features.
Is there a precompiled version that works with android/firetv .. happy to test, but my android compilation on macos skills are poor... also happy to compile myself if someone can point me to a quick tutorial..

Thanks,
I am noticing that this plugin using either 0.27 or 0.28HEAD that shows with commercial detection are skipping faster or being ignored. I don't transcode or anything special and they are straight mpeg2 recordings and when I use mythfrontend to validate the skips they are perfect. Anything I can do to help debug this issue?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2014-09-05, 14:06)pyrodex Wrote: I am noticing that this plugin using either 0.27 or 0.28HEAD that shows with commercial detection are skipping faster or being ignored. I don't transcode or anything special and they are straight mpeg2 recordings and when I use mythfrontend to validate the skips they are perfect. Anything I can do to help debug this issue?

Backend does not provide service to convert frame count to time for a recording. It is the reason why i have to parse the file before show to detect the framer ate. I don't want use old method (hacking the database) to retrieve those infos, also this is the objective of this addon: use only services provided by backend. So the demuxer is able to parse mpeg-ts only (transport stream). mpeg-ts could encapsulate h264, mp2 or avc stream etc... Be sure you have mpeg-ts stream. Generally analog tuner provide only mpeg-ps (program stream).
Have you log in debug mode ?

Also, in addition to the frame rate i have to parse the interlace flag, to compute the "myth framerate" which differs from the real framerate.
(2014-09-05, 19:07)janbar Wrote:
(2014-09-05, 14:06)pyrodex Wrote: I am noticing that this plugin using either 0.27 or 0.28HEAD that shows with commercial detection are skipping faster or being ignored. I don't transcode or anything special and they are straight mpeg2 recordings and when I use mythfrontend to validate the skips they are perfect. Anything I can do to help debug this issue?

Backend does not provide service to convert frame count to time for a recording. It is the reason why i have to parse the file before show to detect the framer ate. I don't want use old method (hacking the database) to retrieve those infos, also this is the objective of this addon: use only services provided by backend. So the demuxer is able to parse mpeg-ts only (transport stream). mpeg-ts could encapsulate h264, mp2 or avc stream etc... Be sure you have mpeg-ts stream. Generally analog tuner provide only mpeg-ps (program stream).

Also, in addition to the frame rate i have to parse the interlace flag, to compute the "myth framerate" which differs from the real framerate.

This is the file format I am using:

Code:
General
ID                                       : 23311 (0x5B0F)
Complete name                            : 2755_20140905220855.mpg
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 1.36 GiB
Duration                                 : 21mn 6s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 9 215 Kbps
Law rating                               : TV-G

Video
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Format settings, GOP                     : Variable
Codec ID                                 : 2
Duration                                 : 21mn 5s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 8 372 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 20.0 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 29.970 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.135
Stream size                              : 1.23 GiB (91%)

Audio
ID                                       : 1410 (0x582)
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : 129
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Delay relative to video                  : -958ms
Stream size                              : 58.0 MiB (4%)
Language                                 : English

Text #1
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)-CC1
Format                                   : EIA-608
Muxing mode                              : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #2
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)-1
Format                                   : EIA-708

Text #3
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)-2

Menu
ID                                       : 1408 (0x580)
List                                     : 1409 (0x581) (MPEG Video) / 1410 (0x582) (AC-3, English)
Language                                 :  / English

Should I turn on the demux option?

I do have debugging turn on in XBMC but should I turn on the addon debugging and watch a show?
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
(2014-09-06, 02:31)pyrodex Wrote:
(2014-09-05, 19:07)janbar Wrote:

This is the file format I am using:

Code:
General
ID                                       : 23311 (0x5B0F)
Complete name                            : 2755_20140905220855.mpg
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 1.36 GiB
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 9 215 Kbps

Video
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Format settings, GOP                     : Variable
Codec ID                                 : 2
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 8 372 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 20.0 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 29.970 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.135
Stream size                              : 1.23 GiB (91%)

Audio
ID                                       : 1410 (0x582)
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : 129
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Delay relative to video                  : -958ms
Stream size                              : 58.0 MiB (4%)
Language                                 : English

Text #1
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)-CC1
Format                                   : EIA-608

Text #2
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)-1

Text #3
ID                                       : 1409 (0x581)-2

Menu
ID                                       : 1408 (0x580)
List                                     : 1409 (0x581) (MPEG Video) / 1410 (0x582) (AC-3, English)
Language                                 :  / English

Should I turn on the demux option?

I do have debugging turn on in XBMC but should I turn on the addon debugging and watch a show?

Yes you have to. I need to check in log the calculated frame rate like below:

DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: GetRecordingEdl: AV props: Frame Rate = 25.000

In your case it should be 29.970 !
(2014-09-06, 11:47)janbar Wrote: [quote='pyrodex' pid='1788577' dateline='1409963506']
[quote='janbar' pid='1788363' dateline='1409936825']

Yes you have to. I need to check in log the calculated frame rate like below:

DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: GetRecordingEdl: AV props: Frame Rate = 25.000

In your case it should be 29.970 !

I will turn it on an play with a few recordings today.

Also I noticed another transition quirk from the old addon.

When I go into the addon and under my skin click in live TV and watch a channel and the program under that channel ends on live TV it used to just start the next show like one long live tv session but now it ended. Not sure if this is your addon or my change to 0.28 at the same time to get the watched status.
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1