• 23(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2014-10-12, 14:03)janbar Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 13:21)kapitan-iglu Wrote: Hi janbar,
I have another issue related to channel switching. I'm not sure if this problem is in addon or in mythbacked(s). I'll try to explain it, maybe you can figure out what's going on and/or point me somewhere.
  1. start live tv playback
  2. after a while press channel up/dn
  3. playback stops and screen returns back to the "TV channels" list
This happens randomly, not on every channel switch. Also it is not important how the channel was switched (using channel button, from EPG screen or from tv channels list (with live tv playing in background)).

Similar problem I had also with "old" cmyth addon, but in that case xbmc randomly crashes in step 3.

Here is full xbmc log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=317284

Thank you for any ideas.

Maybe the switch time is too long. Try to increase the tuning delay from settings screen to 10 sec (Advanced tab). By default it is initialized with 5 sec. After this delay the playback is stopped if none of file has been connected.

Tuning delay is set to 30s (changed after plugin installation).

I quickly looked into logs, compared few successful and wrong channel switches. Difference can be found after live stream open is completed:
Code:
(CPPMyth)SpawnLiveTV: tune delay (XYZms)
OpenLiveStream: Done
In normal situation QUERY_FILETRANSFER is sent to the backend right after. But sometimes not. CDVDPlayer is closed instead and then CloseLiveStream is called. All this happens in same second. What forces cdvdplayer to close? And why? Race hazard? Wrong order of events?

Is it possible for you to check this situation?
Thank you.
@kapitan-iglu

The root cause is not in the addon. Dvdplayer finishing waiting ! The old cmyth addon crashed because race condition on starting live and stopping live. Here the live is stopped due time switch. There is an xbmc option in the system/parameters/livetv/ to set a channel switch time, by default it is zero. You can try to increase value. An other way would be to enable internal demuxing of the addon (advanced tab of the setting) if your encoders provide only mpeg-ts ( seems to be true ). Let me know.

I nerver had this issue. But probably some users have it. It would be great to find a resolution. Otherwise i finished to code the http redirection required to download previews from slaves. Testing ....
Quote:- after a while press channel up/dn
- playback stops and screen returns back to the "TV channels" list
I have this same symptom from time to time, in repeatable circumstances as follows.

Where I live, there are some strong, reliable channels and other channels that that you pull most of the time, but not always. Flipping channels works pretty well until you hit a channel that, at the moment, is too weak to pull in. On those occasions, with the new myth plugin, after about 10 seconds the screen returns to the channel list. With the cmyth plugin, the interface freezes and there is no response to the remote until some very long timeout - about 30 seconds.

In my view, this should work the same way TV's work. You flip channels and, if the channel doesn't come in (or you don't feel like waiting) you can continue flipping channels without waiting for a timeout, or falling back to the channel list.
@kapitan-iglu

So i updated my github repo to support service redirections to slave backend. Now previews are downloaded from slave backend if any. Also no more need to register slave host in DNS or etc/host file: i included a resolver using mythtv settings to retrieve IP for slave host.

Best
(2014-10-14, 09:05)janbar Wrote: @kapitan-iglu

So i updated my github repo to support service redirections to slave backend. Now previews are downloaded from slave backend if any. Also no more need to register slave host in DNS or etc/host file: i included a resolver using mythtv settings to retrieve IP for slave host.

Best

Preview images works good now, thank you!
(2014-10-13, 10:25)janbar Wrote: @kapitan-iglu

The root cause is not in the addon. Dvdplayer finishing waiting ! The old cmyth addon crashed because race condition on starting live and stopping live. Here the live is stopped due time switch. There is an xbmc option in the system/parameters/livetv/ to set a channel switch time, by default it is zero. You can try to increase value. An other way would be to enable internal demuxing of the addon (advanced tab of the setting) if your encoders provide only mpeg-ts ( seems to be true ). Let me know.

I nerver had this issue. But probably some users have it. It would be great to find a resolution. Otherwise i finished to code the http redirection required to download previews from slaves. Testing ....

I assume that you mean "Timeout when starting playback". I set it to 60s, but with no effect. Then I enabled demuxing MPEG-TS in addon and now channel switching seems to be OK. I will keep tracking this issue and if something new appears, I will let you know.

Where can I find some documentation what exactly does it mean "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS"?

Thank You for help!
Feature request: show notification from backend to the user.

Live tv stops playing for unknown reason. I had to look into debug log to see what stopped playback:

Code:
DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - QueueNotification - MythTV PVR Client - Warning Message: 'Stopping Live TV due to conflicting recording: <name>'
It would be nice for user to see warning message on the screen.

I don't know if addon deals with this type of notification messages or xbmc pvr layer, let me know...
Bug report: Would you know if this the following behaviour is caused by the addon or by XBMC?

Please see linked images:
use backend channel numbers-off
use backend channel numbers-on

As you can see, there are channels missing when "use backend channel numbers" is "on". The missing channels appear at numbers 2 and 3 in "use backend channel numbers-off".

This happens whenever multiple channels are multiplexed over a single frequency — the EPG only shows one of the subchannels.

For your information, the actual broadcast channel numbers in "use backend channel numbers-off" are:
1: 2-1 | 5: 5-1
2: 2-2 | 6: 7-1
3: 2-3 | 7: 9-1
4: 4-1 | 8: 11-1

This happens with both myth and cmyth.
(2014-10-14, 22:52)allan87 Wrote: Bug report: Would you know if this the following behaviour is caused by the addon or by XBMC?

Please see linked images:
use backend channel numbers-off
use backend channel numbers-on

As you can see, there are channels missing when "use backend channel numbers" is "on". The missing channels appear at numbers 2 and 3 in "use backend channel numbers-off".

This happens whenever multiple channels are multiplexed over a single frequency — the EPG only shows one of the subchannels.

For your information, the actual broadcast channel numbers in "use backend channel numbers-off" are:
1: 2-1 | 5: 5-1
2: 2-2 | 6: 7-1
3: 2-3 | 7: 9-1
4: 4-1 | 8: 11-1

This happens with both myth and cmyth.

Hi Allan, not a bug. Addon merges channels (same callsign) to not show doubles. I explained the rules in the same thread.

(2014-10-14, 22:16)kapitan-iglu Wrote: Feature request: show notification from backend to the user.

Live tv stops playing for unknown reason. I had to look into debug log to see what stopped playback:

Code:
DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - QueueNotification - MythTV PVR Client - Warning Message: 'Stopping Live TV due to conflicting recording: <name>'
It would be nice for user to see warning message on the screen.

I don't know if addon deals with this type of notification messages or xbmc pvr layer, let me know...

The notification has been displayed but probably quickly dropped due to an other event. Also you can configure the conflict rules in addon settings.
(2014-10-14, 20:37)kapitan-iglu Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 10:25)janbar Wrote: @kapitan-iglu

I assume that you mean "Timeout when starting playback". I set it to 60s, but with no effect. Then I enabled demuxing MPEG-TS in addon and now channel switching seems to be OK. I will keep tracking this issue and if something new appears, I will let you know.

Where can I find some documentation what exactly does it mean "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS"?

Thank You for help!

Enabled , Addon handles the demuxing of mpeg-ts stream. It allows to speed startup and channel switch.
Disabled, ffmpeg does the job but slowly on startup due to parsing time.
Since last week new commit improves the startup of playback for xbmc Helix.
If your tuner provides other stream type than mpeg-ts you should not enable it. Else you can.
DVB and ATSC use only mpeg-ts stream. Analog tuner could provides mpeg-ps or other container.
Add-on 'MythTV PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.1', add-on API version '1.9.0'
21:54:30 T:4900 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV PVR Client, status = 6
21:54:30 T:4900 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV PVR Client, disabling it

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error. Using Kodi.on windows 8.1
What version of XBMC/Kodi are you using?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-15, 00:59)janbar Wrote:
allan87 Wrote:...
As you can see, there are channels missing when "use backend channel numbers" is "on". The missing channels appear at numbers 2 and 3 in "use backend channel numbers-off"….
Hi Allan, not a bug. Addon merges channels (same callsign) to not show doubles. I explained the rules in the same thread.
Thanks for your quick response. I'd like to be very clear that I very much appreciate your fine work on this excellent addon, and do not presume that you are in any way obliged to address this issue.

I feel that I must be explaining the situation poorly, however, as it seems so clear to me that the EPG is not functioning correctly with ATSC, where multiplexing several channels on a single band is becoming increasingly common.

As you can see from use backend channels-off, items 1, 2 and 3 (channels 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3) are distinct channels with different programming. There is no reason to merge them - no more than than to merge BBC1, 2, 3 and 4. The callsigns are, as well, different: WGRZ-DT, WGRZ-WX and WGRZ-AT.

My EPG is missing at least 9 channels as a consequence of this merging. Another fellow mentioned that he was missing half of his local channels.

Further, the channels get merged arbitrarily. In this case the EPG displays 2-1. Other times it displays 2-2 or 2-3.

Thanks for considering the above.
(2014-10-15, 17:36)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 00:59)janbar Wrote:
allan87 Wrote:...
As you can see, there are channels missing when "use backend channel numbers" is "on". The missing channels appear at numbers 2 and 3 in "use backend channel numbers-off"….
Thanks for your quick response. I'd like to be very clear that I very much appreciate your fine work on this excellent addon, and do not presume that you are in any way obliged to address this issue.

I feel that I must be explaining the situation poorly, however, as it seems so clear to me that the EPG is not functioning correctly with ATSC, where multiplexing several channels on a single band is becoming increasingly common.

As you can see from use backend channels-off, items 1, 2 and 3 (channels 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3) are distinct channels with different programming. There is no reason to merge them - no more than than to merge BBC1, 2, 3 and 4. The callsigns are, as well, different: WGRZ-DT, WGRZ-WX and WGRZ-AT.

My EPG is missing at least 9 channels as a consequence of this merging. Another fellow mentioned that he was missing half of his local channels.

Further, the channels get merged arbitrarily. In this case the EPG displays 2-1. Other times it displays 2-2 or 2-3.

Thanks for considering the above.

Hi Allan,

Yes i don't anderstand the issue. Using backend number or xbmc number doesn't affect the number of channels. That should just change the order of displaying in channel screen and epg screen. Also xbmc number is used to support more than one pvr addon enabled avoiding channel number conflict.
The screenshots don't help me either: The channel order change but you have probably more channels than displayed here (browsing up/down).
Also the xbmc epg shows only channels having broadcast for the displayed period. So If you have 300 channels but 5 only having epg info, then you will see only 5 channels in the epg.
How many channels have you in the addon and in mythtv ? That is the question.

If you know what you do you can connect to your mythtv database and count merged channels having epg during the next day time by the query below:

Code:
select distinct channel.sourceid, channel.channum, channel.callsign from program join channel on channel.chanid=program.chanid where starttime > now() and starttime < now() + interval 1 day;

And list/count merged channels:

Code:
select distinct sourceid, channum, callsign from channel;
(2014-10-15, 21:09)janbar Wrote: Yes i don't anderstand the issue. Using backend number or xbmc number does affect the number of channels. That should just change the order of displaying in channel screen and epg screen. Also xbmc number is used to support more than one pvr addon enabled avoiding channel number conflict.
The screenshots don't help me either: The channel order change but you have probably more channels than displayed here (browsing up/down).
Also the xbmc epg shows only channels having broadcast for the displayed period. So If you have 300 channels but 5 only having epg info, then you will see only 5 channels in the epg.
How many channels have you in the addon and in mythtv ? That is the question.

You could provide me the xbmc log file with debug mode enabled (in advanced tab of setting screen of addon + in System/Parameters/System/Debug/). With it i could count them. and count channel with epg too.
In the two screenshots, the channels are shown in the same order, but 2-2 and 2-3 are missing. Here are all of the channels I have set up on the backend:
Code:
2.1     WGRZ-DT
2.2     WGRZ-WX
2.3     WGRZ-AT
4.1     WIVB-DT
7.1     WKBW-DT
5.1     CBLT-DT
9.1     CFTO-DT
11.1    CHCH-DT
17.1    WNED-DT
17.2    Think Bright
23.1    WNLO-DT
23.2    Bounce
19.1    CICA-DT
29.1    WUTV-DT
29.2    TCN
35.1    CHCJ-DT
40.1    CJMT-DT
41.1    CIII-DT
47.1    CFMT-DT
49.1    WNYO
49.2    Get TV
57.1    CITY-DT
67.1    WBBZ-TV
67.2    This TV
67.3    Me TV
When a broadcaster multiplexes several channels on its band (see 2-x, 17-x, 23-x, 29-x, 49-x, and 67-x) the EPG only shows one of the multiplexed channels (when XBMC is configured to use the backend channel numbers). So, my EPG drops 8 channels from the multiplexed group.

The channel list, in contrast, shows all of the channels, but like this:
2 WGRZ-DT
2 WGRZ-WX
2 WGRZ-AT

This recent commit may help sort this out: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...ca520d77c6
It adds a field for the subchannel number.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1