• 25(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2014-10-17, 01:21)nickr Wrote: This subchannel issue is because the channels are stored as an integer I think. There is a related thread here it would seem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157487

YES, very good remark.

I will check that. 99% of chance channum is cast to integer because it should contains a number !!! So 17_1 and 17_2 become 17.
(2014-10-17, 01:14)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 23:59)janbar Wrote: So Allan normally you had all those channels in your epg screen. Is it true ?
No. I have never, with either myth or cmyth, had all of these channels on my XBMC EPG:
• If a channel is not multiplexed into several channels( i.e 4-1, 5-1, 7-1, etc) it does appear in the XBMC EPG;
• If a channel is multiplexed into several channels (like 2-1,2-2, 2-3) only one of the multiplexed subchannels appears in the XBMC EPG. Please see chart below:
Code:
+----------+---------+----------+
| sourceid | channum | callsign |
|        1 | 2_1     | WGRZ-HD  |———|
|        1 | 2_2     | WGRZ-WN  |———|———Only one of these three appears in EPG
|        1 | 2_3     | WGRZ-AT  |———|
|        1 | 4_1     | WIVB-HD  |
|        1 | 5_1     | CBLT-DT  |
|        1 | 7_1     | WKBW-HD  |
|        1 | 9_1     | CFTO     |
|        1 | 11_1    | CHCH-DT  |
|        1 | 17_1    | WNED-HD  |———|
|        1 | 17_2    | Think    |———|———Only one of these two appears in EPG
|        1 | 19_1    | TVO      |
|        1 | 23_1    | WNLO-HD  |———|
|        1 | 23_2    | Bounce   |———|———Only one of these two appears in EPG
|        1 | 29_1    | WUTV-HD  |———|
|        1 | 29_2    | TCN      |———|———Only one of these two appears in EPG
|        1 | 35_1    | CHCJ-DT  |
|        1 | 40_1    | CJMT     |
|        1 | 41_1    | CIII-HD  |
|        1 | 47_1    | CFMT     |
|        1 | 49_1    | WNYO-HD  |———|
|        1 | 49_2    | GetTV    |———|———Only one of these two appears in EPG
|        1 | 57_1    | CITYTV   |
I have been using XBMC with the cmyth plugin since Frodo.

All of the channels have, however, always appeared in the XBMC Channel List (as opposed to the EPG), but only displaying the atsc_major_chan.

Is it backend create those channum ? ( i mean this format xxx_y )
(2014-10-17, 02:21)janbar Wrote: Is it backend create those channum ? ( i mean this format xxx_y )
I'm not sure what you are asking. The output (in format "xxx_y " is from a sql query on the backend. The channels display the same way in mythweb and in the channel editor in mythbackend.

Here's what MythWeb looks like:
(2014-10-16, 17:55)MikeB2013 Wrote: Which version of Visual Studio Express 2013 did you install ?

I am using Windows Desktop version (don't know if it makes any difference) and the pvr.mythtv addon builds ok.

Note the pvr.mythtv addon needs updating, Kodi /XBMC changed addon API version a few days ago so the latest ALPHA5 builds are not compatible.

ALPHA 5 Git 20141007- e0db1d8 works ok.

Mike

Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Version 12.0.30723.00 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5.51641
Visual C++ 2013 (among others...)

(2014-10-16, 23:59)janbar Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 17:55)MikeB2013 Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 14:15)jrhamilt Wrote: I'm having trouble getting this build for Kodi 14.0-ALPHA5 on a Windows 8.1 machine...

1) I installed VS 2013 Express,
2) downloaded the mythtv addons from the master branch in zip format from here:
https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons
3) extracted the zip
4) downloaded dependencies using the bat file
5) opened solution in VS

However, when I try to build, it gives me a ton of these build errors:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\winsock2.h(882): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'qos.h': No such file or directory

I've done some pretty exhaustive searches to try to resolve the issue, but I really can't find anything applicable.

Any clues on what I need to do to get this to work?

Which version of Visual Studio Express 2013 did you install ?

I am using Windows Desktop version (don't know if it makes any difference) and the pvr.mythtv addon builds ok.

Note the pvr.mythtv addon needs updating, Kodi /XBMC changed addon API version a few days ago so the latest ALPHA5 builds are not compatible.

ALPHA 5 Git 20141007- e0db1d8 works ok.

Mike

Weird. I sugger to generate only pvr.mythtv. Also i never bold all the solution ! Like Mike i use Windows Desktop only. And as Mike said we wait the merge for the GUI version update. So for now it is usable with ALPHA 5 Git 20141007- e0db1d8.

EDIT: I merged the update for GUI version. Master branch is uptodate.

In generating only pvr.mythtv, I still get the issue. I guess I'll try to find the "Windows Desktop Only" version...

Edit: Found the "Windows Desktop" version. Uninstalling full "Windows" version. Installing "Windows Desktop" version. Will advise.

Edit 2: Yup - that worked. Thanks guys!
OpenELEC 5.0 (Helix) | Intel NUC D34010WYKH i3 Haswell | 64GB SanDisk SSD | 4 GB RAM
unRAID 6.0b12 | 6.3 TB of Storage
(2014-10-17, 04:25)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-10-17, 02:21)janbar Wrote: Is it backend create those channum ? ( i mean this format xxx_y )
I'm not sure what you are asking. The output (in format "xxx_y " is from a sql query on the backend. The channels display the same way in mythweb and in the channel editor in mythbackend.
Switching off "using backend number" is fix the number of channels in epg screen ?
Yes. If you switch off "using backend number", all of the channels are shown in the epg screen.
(2014-10-17, 14:04)allan87 Wrote: Yes. If you switch off "using backend number", all of the channels are shown in the epg screen.

So as nickr said, the root cause is backend channel number are not as integer number. Here they contain alpha-numeric characters breaking the cast to the XBMC channel number.
Since Helix the subChannel number exists and could be help to resolve this case. But now for Gotham the only way is to miss the separator "_" or "." assuming all channels use ATSC number. If not we will have always conflict between ATSC channel (2_1) and others (21).
(2014-10-18, 12:00)janbar Wrote:
(2014-10-17, 14:04)allan87 Wrote: Yes. If you switch off "using backend number", all of the channels are shown in the epg screen.

So as nickr said, the root cause is backend channel number are not as integer number. Here they contain alpha-numeric characters breaking the cast to the XBMC channel number.
Since Helix the subChannel number exists and could be help to resolve this case. But now for Gotham the only way is to miss the separator "_" or "." assuming all channels use ATSC number. If not we will have always conflict between ATSC channel (2_1) and others (21).

I pushed a commit to concat major and minor parts for Gotham: 2_1 => 21 or 2.3 => 23
I pushed a commit to transfer sub channel number for Helix: 2_1 => 2.1 or 2.3 => 2.3
(2014-10-17, 01:51)janbar Wrote:
(2014-10-17, 00:30)janbar Wrote:
(2014-10-17, 00:10)Natronch Wrote: Here we go:
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/1cf...603/ff6235

This is the raw file as stored by mythtv.
Many thanks !

Fixed. I pushed the commit for master and gotham branches. Tomorrow ubuntu-ppa will be up to date.

Thanks

Perfect, it is fixed for me Smile

Thank you very much. Now the only issue I have left, is the one with the encoding. I will dig into that when I have time to.

I am not sure if that is 100% correct. As I indicated, the channel list does show all of the channels. I will send you a screenshot later so you can see what I mean. Perhaps the channel list, as opposed to the EPG, just truncates and does not merge the channel numbers.
Quote:Since Helix the subChannel number exists and could be help to resolve this case. But now for Gotham the only way is to miss the separator "_" or "." assuming all channels use ATSC number. If not we will have always conflict between ATSC channel (2_1) and others (21).
that may be a problem. I think there is still some ntsc analog broadcasting in the U.S. , so you might still have places where there are conflicting numbers (like 2_1 and 21 as you described below.)

(2014-10-18, 14:33)janbar Wrote:

I pushed a commit to concat major and minor parts for Gotham: 2_1 => 21 or 2.3 => 23
I pushed a commit to transfer sub channel number for Helix: 2_1 => 2.1 or 2.3 => 2.3
wow! I look forward to testing. Thanks!
@allan87

Quote:that may be a problem. I think there is still some ntsc analog broadcasting in the U.S. , so you might still have places where there are conflicting numbers (like 2_1 and 21 as you described below.)

For those cases, unlucky users have to switch off "Using backend channel numbers", or migrate to Helix which handles sub-channel numbers.
(2014-10-18, 21:58)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 12:00)janbar Wrote: So as nickr said, the root cause is backend channel number are not as integer number. Here they contain alpha-numeric characters breaking the cast to the XBMC channel number.
I am not sure if that is 100% correct. As I indicated, the channel list does show all of the channels. I will send you a screenshot later so you can see what I mean. Perhaps the channel list, as opposed to the EPG, just truncates and does not merge the channel numbers.
Here is what the channel list looks like with multiplexed channels. NB, this is not with the new sub channel commit re: the EPG - this is how Gotham and Helix have been working throughout. The first three channels are actually 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3.

I will be trying out pvr.mythtv 1.9.23 tonight, and will post results. Thanks again.
Major progress on atsc channel display!

Tested pvr.mythtv 1.9.23: The full channel number ##.# now displays in the EPG as well as the Channel List. However, the multiplexed channels that were missing before are still missing in the EPG. Channel list is perfect.
(2014-10-03, 21:13)janbar Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 22:43)HappyMan Wrote: Just curious, are these fixes included in the latest Helix build?

If not, what is the process to get them into the build, or next build (I am happy to help however I can). Smile

Thank you janbar, you're a life saver!

Hi, now the latest Helix build contains previous release (1.9.20). Count every months the repos is updated. If you can build yourself you will have lastest. Also I provide the gotham package for ubuntu on my ppa. Else making addon is easy with linux. What is your platform ?

ARM (android). I installed the cross compilers, but I ran into an issue during the build (my build environment, I'm sure).
Bonjour, janbar.

Re: missing channels in EPG. Please see image below. As you can see, the subchannel numbers are now displayed, but the EPG is still missing channels.

While the channel list (on the left) shows all of the channels, including channels 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3, the EPG (on the right) omits 2.2 and 2.3. This is with pvr.mythtv 1.9.23.

• 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1