MX Mediabox Gotham 13.1 ARM installed; sound but no full screen/ black screen
Android MX TV box dual core running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Under system model number: DroidBox iMX6 Firmware

It came with a Frodo 12.2 pre installed. I tried updating to 13.1 Gotham ARM. The add ons worked fine, up until i wanted to playback video. All i get is audio and no full screen. It just keeps in the source screen from where it loads the movie or tv show.

When change in the menu to get full screen it only shows a black screen, while the audio still runs. I tried the amlogic problem posted in another thread, but was told that it was not related. So i'm starting a new thread.

After searching the internet a while i found a Frodo 12.2 xbmc apk for iMX6 from droidbox.co.uk, which i'm assuming was what was pre-installed on this box and installed that. It works again. But i wanted to try the live tv, where i either need gotham or 12.3 frodo.
You are welcome to ask DroidBox for their source code...
(2014-06-28, 15:49)FreeFighter Wrote: Android MX TV box dual core running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Under system model number: DroidBox iMX6 Firmware

It came with a Frodo 12.2 pre installed. I tried updating to 13.1 Gotham ARM. The add ons worked fine, up until i wanted to playback video. All i get is audio and no full screen. It just keeps in the source screen from where it loads the movie or tv show.

When change in the menu to get full screen it only shows a black screen, while the audio still runs. I tried the amlogic problem posted in another thread, but was told that it was not related. So i'm starting a new thread.

After searching the internet a while i found a Frodo 12.2 xbmc apk for iMX6 from droidbox.co.uk, which i'm assuming was what was pre-installed on this box and installed that. It works again. But i wanted to try the live tv, where i either need gotham or 12.3 frodo.
i have one sw of MX with gotham 13 , maybe i can PM to u
acemaxtec
(2014-06-28, 16:03)Koying Wrote: You are welcome to ask DroidBox for their source code...
I sent them an e-mail with referring to this thread, also posted on their Facebook page... no reply in mail or post on here.
Just to update here as well as facebook (sorry, I don't think I've come across your e-mail), our Gotham XBMC APK uses the same source code, with some images changed . That said, I'm not at all sure it'd be likely to cause the problems you're encountering.
The DroidBOX APK for Gotham XBMC is intended for our X7 and Q7 models, I was wondering which APK you installed? I assumed ours, as Koying mentioned asking for our source code, but thought it was worth a double check.
Finally, do you know which firmware is on your iMX6? Might be worth trying the latest one, dated 22nd May. Shoot me an e-mail (support@DroidBOX.co.uk) for the link and instructions.
Ok. I thought you would have adapted the linux imx6 code ( https://github.com/xbmc-imx6/xbmc ) to android.
Just to double check we're all on the same page, one of our models is called a DroidBOX iMX6. It isn't related to the iMX6 processor (it uses an "Amlogic A9 Dual Core Neon HD CPU"), in case that has caused any confusion?

We have the standard Android XBMC Frodo build, with our logo as a splash screen inserted when the app starts.

If it helps, you can see the product here:
Code:
http://www.droidbox.co.uk/products/droidbox-imx6
here:
Code:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/DroidBOX-iMX6-Android-4-2-Box/dp/B00DIJXZ6Q
or here:
Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DroidBOX-iMX6-Android-4-2-2-Fully-Loaded-XBMC-G-Box-Midnight-MX2-MX2REF-G18REF-/271307619096?

I've put the addresses in code tags, as I didn't want anyone to think I was attempting to spam links on the forum.
Yep, the "iMX6" definitely confused me Wink

amlogic + no video = 99% chance of a permission issue.
So i could install the android arm version of gotham, just have to find how to change permission setting on it?
I am also having the same trouble with an android IMX6 box updated to gotham 13.1 ARM installed no picture just sound

I bought the box here in Ireland and as far as I can make out its from droidbox . co . uk and rebranded
If you uninstall Gotham and then reinstall the Frodo version of XBMC (see Original XBMC (V12/Frodo) For iMX6 (Android) Devices for details), do you then get video output?
Some of our devices have DroidBOX written on them, others have MX, it depends on the factory as to whether they allow branding or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MX Mediabox Gotham 13.1 ARM installed; sound but no full screen/ black screen0