XBMC keeps on switching on and off
Hi,

i am to XBMC, been using it for a few weeks now, your help will be much appreciated.

I have a XBMC (running Frodo 12.2 version) with Openelec system on raspberry pi, connected via HDMI cable to a Samsung TV. As of today the raspberry pi started behaving weird.

1. When my TV is off, rasp pi keeps on switching it on as it reboots every 10 seconds.
2.I cannot even go into the XBMC settings to pick up a log file or try anything because it shuts off too fast and reboots all over again.

Do you have any ideas please?

Many thanks
Okey, i managed to prevent the pi switching on the TV and changing to the HDMI source where it is connected by switching off the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) option on the TV.

However the pi still keeps on rebooting every few seconds. It can't be the power supply, because it has been plugged into the same socket for over a month and it has been running fine.

Any thoughts much appreciated, thanks!
You'll need to watch the boot sequence and describe what you see - there's likely to be a message of some sort detailing the problem, which is most likely an inability to mount /storage (possibly due to corruption), so the device reboots. Without know more about the problem, it's hard to suggest a fix other than re-imaging the entire SD card.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse,

the only message it kept on displaying was "pulse eight cec adapter configuration updated".

Anyway i went on and restored to default settings with the XBMC fresh start, which solved the reboot problem. Now i have to install all my content back, but at least i got somewhere.

Many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keeps on switching on and off0