best android box for xbmc video
looking for an android set top box for watching video, streaming and some music, maybe. music not really that important, mainly video/ streaming. I do have a gbox, but would like something better. does anyone have suggestions?
I am also looking for the same setup.someone mentioned rasberry pi.whats the gbox like?

does anyone know if you can xbmc on roku 2?
There's so much on the market at de moment.

look for a quadcore CPU Witt also the Mali400 /450 (thuis is for the video importand)

and don't pay 150 dollars/euro's for it. I found ons for 60 dollar, free shipping in Hong kong, 1-3 days deliverytime
The same box Coast arround 130 on online websites.....
(2014-06-29, 09:49)Meram Wrote: There's so much on the market at de moment.

look for a quadcore CPU Witt also the Mali400 /450 (thuis is for the video importand)

and don't pay 150 dollars/euro's for it. I found ons for 60 dollar, free shipping in Hong kong, 1-3 days deliverytime

just need something that will play out the box xbmc without any problems.I hear linex is better than andriod.I also need it to play over wifi as my router is on the otherside of the room.
Those are xbmc out of the box, i prefer Android because i want tot use Skype as well. My primary htpc is a asus fusion computer with openelec (linux) nut i can nog use Skype. Thee is no Add on. Iets possible but i am not voor with the linux os.

Streaming wifi is no issue if your router is OK and a decent internet connection :-)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android_hardware

Don't buy the raspberry pi if you want android, it won't work

(2014-06-29, 09:20)yaqh Wrote: I am also looking for the same setup.someone mentioned rasberry pi.whats the gbox like?

(2014-06-29, 10:03)yaqh Wrote:
(2014-06-29, 09:49)Meram Wrote: There's so much on the market at de moment.

just need something that will play out the box xbmc without any problems.I hear linex is better than andriod.I also need it to play over wifi as my router is on the otherside of the room.

Look at the right hardware, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android_hardware
For the GPU I prefer the mali450 buy

That's it for today cheers [/align][/b]

[align=right]
[b]
(2014-06-28, 23:42)keinwheg Wrote: looking for an android set top box for watching video, streaming and some music, maybe. music not really that important, mainly video/ streaming. I do have a gbox, but would like something better. does anyone have suggestions?
GPU means nothing in Android for XBMC. Video playback is handled by a VPU that is often unrelated to the GPU.
(2014-06-29, 09:20)yaqh Wrote: I am also looking for the same setup.someone mentioned rasberry pi.whats the gbox like?

gbox works ok, would buy another, but I think I'd like to try a quadcore cpu. never really looked into raspberry.
thanks for your input and reply Meram. I'll be doing some reading.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best android box for xbmc video0