XBMC 13.1 Quits unexpectedly when adding a NFS share
You are using AFP as it seems and it looks like the server side is not configured right ... read AFP (wiki) we don't recommend using AFP. What osx version is your server running (the one with the ip 192.168.178.26). Ensure that you have proper permissions on the shared folder.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
the server runs on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

The permissions seem fine.
connecting with AFP worked fine with Frodo and i didn't change anything on the server side.
AFP means Apple File Protocol, i'm on Apple TV trying to connect to a server running OSX so why isn't that supported anymore?

I also have my files shared with SMB on the server but if i try to connect with XBMC > SMB at all i get an error message:

"Error 2: share not available"
Read the link i've posted - AFP was never working 100%. The problem with SMB sharing is propably the same. You have something wrong with either your share permissions or with your filesystem permissions. (i verified both working here...)

Is your share hosted on an external usb hdd with ntfs filesystem by any chance?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
i solved it after watching this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHXIMnzs-kM

it now works with SMB.
I still get the error message if i try to browse directly with SMB though so the developers might wanna look into that.

Is there a way to get my icons back in the startup screen that were missing after i applied the ssh command (to prevent crashes) earlier in this topic ?

thanks for the support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.1 Quits unexpectedly when adding a NFS share2