Win How can install xbmc that is used at Turkey,İstanbul
Hi;

I have problem for setting up my xbmc at Turkey, İstanbul. I like to watch US Live TV, and watch free movies. However, ı have hard time to set up. I have checked several web pages about xbmc, but still I have problems. İs this matter to live at either Turkey, İstanbul or New york city, USA. Could you pls someone help me about this problem.

Thx
Unfortunately the add-0ns you elude to; do NOT conform to forum rules and as such, there is no support at this web site. This issue has nothing about where you're located, but more where the XBMC forum is located if you get my drift. A Google search should turn up help a bit closer to home.
@neset tuncer : what kind of services / add-on are you asking about here? There are various available - some free, some based on paid services - and then there's those that supply "illegally obtained material. That last one is not open for discussion on this XBMC forum, nor supported.
If you can narrow down the service(s) provider(s) or add-ons you're enquiring about, we might be able to help you better.

@PatK : Hang on here a second. We don't know what particular services necet tuncer here, is enquiring about.

While I do agree with you to a certain degree - if he/she is asking about streaming "illegal(ly aquired) contents" - but we should keep in mind that there is a vast ammount of fully "legit" add-ons in the official XBMC repository, that allow you to stream both live and "on-demand" content from/in various regions. There is quite a lot of "gray-area" and public licence content freely available to stream.

There is, however - always some cases where the add-on and/or the actual content-provider, will only accept certain regional-based IP's. To my knowledge XBMC can't help much with this, but there are a wide variety of DNS and proxy services that can "get you around" that. I can't speak for Turkey or individual content providers, but in most countries there is no law against such. Using such serivces to gain access to "reginal services" might not be condoned, adviced and/or accepted by the individual contents providers though. I believe its important to separate what is illegal, and what contents providers don't wan't/like you doing.

My apologies if I've overlooked something in the forum rules, but I would find it hard to believe duscussion regarding the former case, would be discouraged in the XBMC forum. If so, please enlighten us both, good Sir Smile It would be good to know, if things like "region-spoofing" DNS services and similar solutions, are "no-go subjects" here,
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
@pr0xZen

Well said, I overstepped, guess the effort to inform is getting brief and a simple link to forum rules is insufficient. A Google search of the add-on "US Live TV" and reading between the liens was cause for my shortness.

Of course ask the broadcasters or Hollywood and everything is encroaching on their turf, I feel the forum has the correct balance to keep out of hot water.
@PatK : Jumping to "that" conclusion is easy, and I guess in quite a lot of cases (and in my short experience, most "1st poster" similar cases) that would be right. But I felt this one, too wide open to interpretation.

I concur. As it stands for XBMC itself, and the official XBMC forum - I see no reason why it should not be in good standing with the media contents providers and their associates. Ultimately, XBMC is a tool. How and what for you choose to use it, is on you. For some tools (like lockpicks), one can argue "primary intended use". With XBMC, not so much. A crowbar is an invaluable, legitimate tool when needed (I use it every day in construction, probably more so than my hammer) - still manufacturers and retailers don't support nor condone the use of such tool to illegally gain access to a 3rd party's BluRay collection Wink

Now I'll just wait to see if neset tuncer here, will respond further.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can install xbmc that is used at Turkey,İstanbul0