Airplay issue when streaming audio from macbook
Hey there,
im running XMBC Gotham on raspberry pi (Openelec 13.0.6).
What i want to do is streaming spotify - audio from macbook air via airplay to xbmc (which as connected to AV-Receiver).

Everything worked fine, when i was still on XBMC Frodo, Openelec 12.x).
After updating to Gotham, the audio-stream does simply not start on xbmc:
- airplay icon can be selected as audio-target on macbook
- play track in spotify
- xbmc "wakes up" (screen on tv lightens up)
- stream does not start

Airplay, Zeroconf etc. is activated and should be working.
IPv6 is deactivated as this could make some trouble for some people.

Funny thing is, when using itunes on macbook everything works fine using the "build-in" airplay-icon in itunes itself.
But as i mentioned, i mainly listen to music via spotify and can't stream to my AV-Receiver any more... Sad
When i select XBMC Airplay as audio-target, music goes on, but stream on xbmc does simply not start.

I've tried rebooting, - connecting activating, deactivating airplay etc. for weeks now.
Also read through lots of threads, but couldn't find my exact issue, as it's not that known IOS 7 problem.

Hope you guys can help me out, this issue drives me crazy for a while now!
Thank you!
I see the same thing, but intermittently.

Sometimes spotify will stream over airplay for a while, then at random it will stop working, the iPad thinks it is still streaming but nothing happens at the XBMC end except a brief flash of the screen during a track change. (I also see it with the built in music app)

It's not a Raspbery Pi specific issue - I see the exact same thing on my Mac as well as on Raspbmc, so I suggest you report it and provide a debug log here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179961

There is some anecdotal evidence that it may be worsened by using the cu lyrics addon and/or the Amber skin. Uninstalling cu lyrics made it happen MUCH less often for me, but it does still happen.

Its so random and unpredictable (and for me at least, nothing of value shows in a debug log) that I've given up trying to troubleshoot this issue Sad
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Still for me the stream never ever starts at all.
I've tried all kinds of audio-settings, sd-cards, different kinds of OSs (openelec, raspbmc etc.)... but no effort.
Stream out of itunes will work perfectly, stream out spotify or any other app will not start at all though song ist played and xbmc "wakes up".
Sad thing is, that everything worked perfectly on Frodo.... this makes me crazy.
This really makes me think about buying an ATV Undecided
Same issue here: iMac with Yosemite, latest OpenElec.
Same issue here.
Yosemite and latest Elec software.

Henk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay issue when streaming audio from macbook0