Linux Futaba TOSD-5711BB LED display driver
I know why it's doing that and I have already implemented what I think should fix it.  I'll get it uploaded later today hopefully.  Unfortunately, because I am using the original driver that I wrote and not the current lcdproc version, I am unable to test the fixed version.  In spite of that, I have double checked the changes and I think it should work.

Once I get it uploaded I will let you have the link.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Hi, I'm sorry if I do "off topic" Sad , but I need to ask, especially @macrex since @black_eagle I don't know if he uses libreelec.
Due to some problems in video playback that I could not solve, I decided to try libreelec because @macrex uses it on my system (same as mine), specifically libreelec 9.2.2 x64 kernel 5.1.16.
The problem is that my sound output (by hdmi) is very low, I have to turn up the volume of the TV a lot to have a medium level (with the scares Eek that it gives if you forget to turn it down before switching to TV). My question would be if something similar happens to you and if you have solved it, because after googleing for a long time I can't find a solution.
The system is installed as is, just configure my remote control and nothing else (for now, until I get the volume to increase Music ).
(2020-05-09, 13:58)Sagasa Wrote: Hi, I'm sorry if I do "off topic" Sad , but I need to ask, especially @macrex since @black_eagle I don't know if he uses libreelec.
Due to some problems in video playback that I could not solve, I decided to try libreelec because @macrex uses it on my system (same as mine), specifically libreelec 9.2.2 x64 kernel 5.1.16.
The problem is that my sound output (by hdmi) is very low, I have to turn up the volume of the TV a lot to have a medium level (with the scares Eek that it gives if you forget to turn it down before switching to TV). My question would be if something similar happens to you and if you have solved it, because after googleing for a long time I can't find a solution.
The system is installed as is, just configure my remote control and nothing else (for now, until I get the volume to increase Music ).
Buenos días.
Disculpad, pero hace mucho que no entraba en el foro.
Muchas gracias black_eagle por su complemento lcdproc, en mi caso funciona tal y como indican. Seria estupendo que sus valiosas aportaciones las hiciera suyas el equipo de desarrollo que corresponda (lcdproc, libreelec...).
Hasta hace poco no tenia salida HDMI, ahora si, y tengo el mismo problema. Parece ser que esto se debe a que Libreelec funciona con Alsa (salvo para bluetooth que funciona con pulseaudio) y Alsa no maneja salidas digitales como es el caso de HDMI. Si instala los scrips System Tools (proporciona un terminal en Libreelec) y Multimedia Tools (proporciona Alsamiser, si lo ejecutas por ssh no necesitas el System Tools). Ejecutas Alsamixer (en terminal o por ssh) veras y controlaras el volumen de las distintas salidas y entradas, salvo las digitales, si presionas F6 y selecciones tu tarjeta con salida hdmi veras que no tiene barra para controlar el nivel de salida.

Soluciones:
1ª Mientras reproduces video entras en configuración, configuración de sonido y hay tienes el volumen y otra barra de amplificación de sonido. pon las dos según tus necesidades y no tendrás que subir tanto el volumen de la Tv. Para la música no sirve, al menos yo no lo he encontrado, aunque lo normal es reproducirla por los altavoces de equipo, no por la Tv.
2ª Alsa dispone de algo llamado softvol, es un control de volumen de software, estoy intentando crear uno para el HDMI de la tarjeta grafica pero no lo consigo, parece ser que se configura en el archivo /Storage/.config/asound.conf . Si lo consigo lo comentare por aquí, por favor, decidlo si lo conseguís alguno.
3ª Quizás funcione sacar el sonido HDMI de la grafica a través de de pulseaudio, igual que hace con el bluetooth, pero hay si que no tengo ni idea.

Espero haber ayudado. Saludos.

Translation for Black_Eagle
Good Morning.
Sorry, but it has been a long time since I entered the forum.
Thank you very much black_eagle for your lcdproc plugin, in my case it works as indicated. It would be great if your valuable contributions were made by the corresponding development team (lcdproc, libreelec ...).
Until recently I had no HDMI output, now I do, and I have the same problem. It seems that this is because Libreelec works with Alsa (except for bluetooth that works with pulseaudio) and Alsa does not handle digital outputs as is the case with HDMI. If you install the scripts System Tools (provides a terminal in Libreelec) and Multimedia Tools (provides Alsamiser, if you run it by ssh you don't need the System Tools). You run Alsamixer (in terminal or by ssh) you will see and control the volume of the different outputs and inputs, except the digital ones, if you press F6 and select your card with HDMI output you will see that it has no bar to control the output level.

Solutions:
1st While you are playing video you go into settings, sound settings and there you have the volume and another sound amplification bar. put both according to your needs and you will not have to turn up the volume of the TV so much. For music it does not work, at least I have not found it, although the normal thing is to reproduce it through the computer speakers, not through the TV.
2nd Alsa has something called softvol, it is a software volume control, I am trying to create one for the HDMI of the graphics card but I can't, it seems to be configured in the /Storage/.config/asound.conf file. If I get it I will comment on it here, please, say it if you get one.
3rd Maybe it works to get the HDMI sound out of the graph through pulseaudio, just like it does with bluetooth, but there is if I have no idea.

I hope I have helped. Greetings.
Thanks macrex for answering. I confirm what you describe and that I do the same, upload the amplification in the audio menu. For music I don't usually use HDMI but external speakers with which there is no problem.
I adapted to using it like that, so I was no longer looking for any solution, if I find one I will let you know.
Hi, I am another user of this unique case. I am running windows 10 and have been looking for drivers for this screen for years. have you got some sort of install guide for windows users like myself so we can once again get the screen working? I have looked at your install guide for linux and Im not sure how I can put that into kodi since I am still new to messing around with it. 
Thanks, Shay Smile
(2021-11-08, 20:34)thecooler100 Wrote: have you got some sort of install guide for windows users like myself so we can once again get the screen working?

No I'm sorry I haven't.  The stuff that I wrote was Linux specific, I'm afraid.
Good morning again, I recently upgraded to libreelec 11.0.3 after upgrading motherboard, processor and memory. I proceeded to install @black_eagle's screen script and it's not possible because of the python 3 dependency. My question is do you plan to update your script? Even if this is not the case, I reiterate my thanks for the work you do. Thank you so much.
(2023-08-30, 12:07)Sagasa Wrote: Good morning again, I recently upgraded to libreelec 11.0.3 after upgrading motherboard, processor and memory. I proceeded to install @black_eagle's screen script and it's not possible because of the python 3 dependency. My question is do you plan to update your script? Even if this is not the case, I reiterate my thanks for the work you do. Thank you so much.

Hi, so sorry for the late reply.  I can only answer 'maybe'!  My situation is that my replacement m/board died in that case and I resorted to running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi.  I have half an idea about fitting the rPi into the case and just driving the front display with it from one of the usb ports.  If I do this then I will certainly have to update the addon and if that's the case then I will make it available to all.

You should also be aware that the driver in lcdproc is not the original driver that I wrote and although many of the alterations were probably required, some of the interactions between the XBMC/Kodi addon and the driver were broken, probably due to either a lack of being able to test or a lack of actually understanding the way the volume is compressed into the icon map.  Regardless, if I do update it, I will fix the not working volume display and some other things that got caught up in the lcdproc changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Futaba TOSD-5711BB LED display driver2