Linux Mixed playlists
I can't get mixed playlists to work. I can make them, including smart mixed playlists, and the playlist exists in the 'mixed' folder appropriately. However when playing the playlist in videos it will play only videos, or if from music, it will play only music. I have made up .nfo files for the music videos, and the information goes into the library as it should...

I have also setup a mix of music and videos in a folder and tried autoexec.py to run it (two MP4s and one MP3 in the folder). It will run the MP4 files but not the MP3 files. If I delete out the MP4 files, it will run the MP3 file.

I have checked through scores of references, there is not much on mixed playlists, or even examples that I can see.

Any initial advice please? Is anyone successfully using mixed playlists who can give me a lead?

I am running a Raspberry Pi, but the same problem comes up with Linux Mint.
Still chasing a solution please. Can anyone share experience on setting up a mixed playlist?
Still chasing a solution please.
Latest adventures: installed OpenELEC on my Raspberry Pi and tried that, same problem.
Workaround: use autoexec.py as a general controller. It allows me to run a video playlist, wait for a specified time then run a music playlist... A bit jerky and very fiddly for a general application.
I am still seeking support with setting up a smart mixed playlist. Can they be made to actually work?
I have the same problem, just tried with Kodi RC1 and it still does not work. I don't get it, this is what mixed playlists are supposed to do and it does not work at all, it has never worked for me in previous releases. I hope that someone looks into this issue in the future...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixed playlists0