usb drive showing multiple times
I am running v13.1 raspxbmc on my Raspberry pi and with the upgrade something strange is happening

When I go to play a video it cannot find the file and asks if i want to remove it from the database. On further investigation when i browse to root filesystem/media the drive shows up several times videos, videos_, and videos__ every time a new drive appears the database points to the wrong drive and I have to clean library and readd all the items - over 1000 movies

How do i remove the extra drives and prevent the extra drives from appearing?

I am a noob with no real linux ability be gentle please
The added instances are created when there is already an entry under /media for the drive/filesystem.
The drive/filesystem will have a label which gives the automount a target name for mounting.
The trick is to remove the unwanted instances (preferably when the drive isn't mounted) - you can certainly do this when SSHing in (linux command rm /media/video*), but may also be able to do it via the XBMC GUI (but I haven't tried this) if you have the settings right (to allow deletion).

The additional 'entries' get created when the drive hasn't been cleanly removed (eg by removing power without shutting down cleanly while the drive is mounted)
HTH
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
usb drive showing multiple times0