Help playing a youtube playlist in python addon
Hi all,
I recently developed an addon to find and play certain youtube videos. Some of the videos are in playlists, so I used the following url to play those videos through the xbmc youtube addon

playback_url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?login=true&path=/root/playlists&action=play_all&playlist=' + match2[0]

where match2[0] contains the playlist id.
This works as long as I'm logged into youtube using the "Login" option of the youtube addon. If not, when that url is accessed, my addon goes straight to the settings menu page of the youtube addon. I thought maybe this was because of the "login=true" option set in the url, but even using the following url:

playback_url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?login=true&path=/root/playlists&action=play_all&playlist=' + match2[0]

takes me to the same settings menu page of youtube. To make matters worse, even if I log into youtube through the youtube addon, after a while (maybe a day or so) I automatically get logged out, so I have to login again to use my addon.

Now to my questions
1.) Is it possible to play youtube playlists without having to login to youtube
2.) If not, can anyone think of a reason why I keep getting logged out from youtube for no apparent reason

I've tried hard and failed to find some info on this online. So if anyone can provide any insights, it would be much appreciated.

Dinuka

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help playing a youtube playlist in python addon0