missing icons on ATV2
Hi every one,
I am not sure if this issue has been raised before. Yesterday I noticed that I have only 4 icons on my ATV2 ( NitoTV, XBMC Gotham 13.1, Computers, and Settings) and all the other icons are missing. I have resetted ATV2, and router and no changes so far. I have also noticed few strange things there too: I can not change location as location is blank; time has gone back to Jan 1, 1970; and everytime I reset ATV2, it gets stuck on ' Setting date and time'. Any suggestions or ideas please? does it mean I have restore the device to default factory settings and then jailbreak? I am worried that if I restore, ATV would update its firmware and I am not sure if the new firmware can be jailbroken.

Thanks for your help.
Sirous
Missing Internet Connection leads to that exact appearance... - had atv2 a proper Gateway set?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-07-03, 08:44)Memphiz Wrote: Missing Internet Connection leads to that exact appearance... - had atv2 a proper Gateway set?

Thanks for the response. I have no problem with internet connection and everything (add ons,.....) works on XBMC.Unfortunately, the remaining icons are missing.
Thanks. Sirous
Well then the ATV2 software itself seems to have problems to access the internet. Those icons are missing whenever the atv2 software is not able to connect to its apple servers ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-07-03, 14:10)Memphiz Wrote: Well then the ATV2 software itself seems to have problems to access the internet. Those icons are missing whenever the atv2 software is not able to connect to its apple servers ...

+1

... disconnect the power on your aTV2 for 30 seconds and reconnect. If you continue to see the issue, verify the aTV2 network settings and ensure that they are correct.
(2014-07-05, 13:49)gagnehj Wrote:
(2014-07-03, 14:10)Memphiz Wrote: Well then the ATV2 software itself seems to have problems to access the internet. Those icons are missing whenever the atv2 software is not able to connect to its apple servers ...

+1

... disconnect the power on your aTV2 for 30 seconds and reconnect. If you continue to see the issue, verify the aTV2 network settings and ensure that they are correct.

Thanks again. I tried these methods and they did not work. I had to downgrade to earlier untethered version and re-install xbmc and the rest. ATV 2 is now working. A friend of mine who had exactly the same problem came up with an easier solution: re-jailbreak (version 5.3 untethered) and since ATV2 was stuck during activation mode, he used a network (Ethernet) cable first and activation mode went smoothly. His ATV2 is also working fine. I hope this is helpful.
Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing icons on ATV20