Is there a PVR solution that gives "acceptable" channel change times?
my setup (see below) boots in 30 secs to xbmc, starts playing blurays instantly and channel switching times are around 2 secs for encrypted hd channels .. you won't find a standalone sat receiver with better results, in most cases they are much slower. and since epg is available for every channel (i have never seen a sat receiver or tv with a fulll working epg) there is simply no need for fast channel switching ..

great WAF btw, only for the very very rare moments, when xbmc hangs, my wife learned to switch to console and to kill xbmc process :-)
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Quote:great WAF btw, only for the very very rare moments, when xbmc hangs, my wife learned to switch to console and to kill xbmc process :-)

I have the power button the remote mapped to a script which runs "killall -s1 xbmc.bin" if XBMC is running and "/start_xbmc.sh" if it's not. The startup script uses osd_cat to print a giant "Starting XBMC..." banner on the screen so that you know it recognized the press.
(2014-07-03, 20:37)FernetMenta Wrote: tv headend and vnsi are not affected by the issue which causes the long switching times. They have their own demuxers.

TV Headend I found here: http://tvheadend.org
Is it Linux only? I'm a Windows person. I've tried using Linux, but I haven't gotten over that steep learning curve.

What is VNSI?
Yeah, tvheadend is linux. VNSI I believe refers to a protocol for connecting to the VDR backend which can be found here http://tvdr.de/ and again, is Linux.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-07-04, 11:02)sualfred Wrote: My setup:
- Windows 8.1 (disabled auto updates, running XBMC as shell replacement)
- XBMC builds by margo (https://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcel...build.html)
- ArgusTV for the backend
- Digital Devices Cine S2 DVB-S Card

Channel switchting from SD to SD -> 0-1sec
Channel switching from SD to unencrypted HD -> 0-2sec

Encrypted channels (using Acamd + CCCam server)
Channel switching from encrypted SD to encrypted SD -> 1-3 sec
Channel switching from encrypted HD to encrypted HD -> 1-3 sec

ArgusTV provides me the stablest and fastest PVR solution.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but a friend has asked me to build them a HTPC - AND he wants to use Windows 8.1 as the OS -
Is your system of Win 8.1 still stable?
I'm assuming that you have since upgraded to Kodi from Margo build XBMC. Did you have any issues with the newer versions of Kodi?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
No softcam discussions allowed on this forum.
Sorry, my bad.

I've now edited the post.

bb69
If you are using one of the newer generation HDHomerun tuners that have DLNA capability - there is support for this in ServerWMC and the new HDHomerun PVR add-on. When DLNA is enabled channel change times are less than 1s. The drawback is that you have limited (if any) FFWD and RWD capability.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a PVR solution that gives "acceptable" channel change times?0