• 8(current)
Super Turbo settings Raspberry Pi
great overclock oWarchild! the best I can do is 1110 for arm. if your happy with Pi1 then no need to rush to upgrade Smile.
Thanks MediaPi! Indeed, I gave some thought to it and I think I'll stick with the Pi1. The thing I miss the most is the ability to play Hi10P FullHD anime and for that I'll need something more than a Pi2, probably a Chromebox, so I'm saving my money for now.
for what it is worth this was the best I could get on my raspiberry pi 2

arm_freq=1100
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
h264_freq=350
v3d_freq=350
isp_freq=0
over_voltage=8
force_turbo=1
gpu_mem=224
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_ignore_cec=0
temp_limit=80
avoid_pwm_pll=1
disable_splash=1

was hopeing for at last 1250 and 600 and 600.
And if u set the gpu freq to 260? Can you bump it up to core lets say 520?
Overclocking the GPU does not make sense... and takes up a lot of power....

And no overvolt sdram?
According to @popcornmix (below) there is little benefit in overclocking gpu_freq (h264 / v3d / isp). If you keep those at stock frequencies maybe you'll get a bit more headroom?

On my Pi I couldn't get sdram_freq past 550MHz until I set over_voltage_sdram to 4.

(2014-08-06, 19:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 19:37)fernandovg Wrote: Should I change gpu_freq too?

My view: No.
Most important set arm_freq as high as you can.
Next, set core freq as high as you can (it makes arm L2 cache and sdram accesses faster)
Next, set sdram_freq as high as you can.

The gpu_freq affects h264, v3d and isp. None of these are a bottleneck in using xbmc and I'd be surprised if increasing any made any noticable difference.
They do increase load on the power supply, and they don't overclock as high as core_freq.
If you don't know why are you changing them, then either leave then unset, or set to half core_freq.
ok I will remove every thing and just try push these values up one at a time

arm_freq=
core_freq=
sdram_freq=
tested 3 raspberry Pi 2s from Element 14 and 1 from RS-comms with 8Gb Samsung Class 6 cards and I can get nothing over

over_voltage=6

however if I change the SD card to a UHS Speed Class 1 I can push them to

over_voltage=6

however I think I will go back to the class 6 card and 1100Mhz

* Point to note these have no heatsink or fan, maybe I can push them a little more with these items.
Does gpu_freq not overclock core_freq too?
(2015-02-07, 13:24)bertybassett Wrote: however if I change the SD card to a UHS Speed Class 1 I can push them to

over_voltage=6

* Point to note these have no heatsink or fan, maybe I can push them a little more with these items.

I think you will need to use over_voltage=8 to get past arm_freq=1150 (I did). Don't forget this requires force_turbo=1.
You'll probably also need over_voltage_sdram=4 to get past sdram_freq=500.
A heatsink and drilling some holes on the top of your case should help you getting better stable overclocks. A fan should also help but then it may ruin the cinema experience.
(2015-02-07, 15:13)oWarchild Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 13:24)bertybassett Wrote: however if I change the SD card to a UHS Speed Class 1 I can push them to

over_voltage=6

I think you will need to use over_voltage=8 to get past arm_freq=1150 (I did). Don't forget this requires force_turbo=1.
You'll probably also need over_voltage_sdram=4 to get past sdram_freq=500.
A heatsink and drilling some holes on the top of your case should help you getting better stable overclocks. A fan should also help but then it may ruin the cinema experience.

Tried all those setting but no you. I think the Pi 2 just does not over clock as well. Not to matter as it plays good enough already
Oh, didn't realise you're talking about the Pi 2, my apologies Rolleyes

Have you tried the below thread?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1918452
(2015-02-07, 15:40)bertybassett Wrote: Tried all those setting but no you. I think the Pi 2 just does not over clock as well. Not to matter as it plays good enough already

Remember that overclock is not guaranteed. It's different for every device.
It's hard to deduce that Pi2 overclocks less well than Pi1 without a lot of samples.

And I'd say that most Pi1's won't support 1100 reliably.
My experience is most, but not all Pi1's handle 1000. A minority handle 1100. A few handle 1200.

And it seems Pi2's fit that pattern pretty well.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super Turbo settings Raspberry Pi0