• 3(current)
Super Turbo settings Raspberry Pi
thanks popcornmix. I just increased ram from 600 to 650 (while keeping sdram_overvoltage at 4). I'm pretty sure its in my head but things seem more fluid. the animation of information panel slliding seems more fluid. I'm going to keep this setting, unless I run into stability issues.

The Pi has come along way. last couple of days I feel like shouting over the roof tops of how amazing it is. Smile
(2014-07-13, 19:22)MediaPi Wrote: The Pi has come along way. last couple of days I feel like shouting over the roof tops of how amazing it is. Smile

Feel free. ;-)
A noob here can i use these settings on openelec... keeps saying something about my storage and freezes?
(2014-07-16, 02:03)bklynflatbush Wrote: A noob here can i use these settings on openelec... keeps saying something about my storage and freezes?

You can, but overclocking is more likely to increase the chance of instability - you need to resolve your instability problem (probably a marginal power supply) and then once you have a stable system only then consider attempting an overclock.

Probably best to start a separate thread if you wish to discuss your "freeze" problem - provide details of the exact version of OpenELEC you are using, and describe how/when the freeze occurs.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Who has already the new Pi model B+ and did some tests with overclocking?
(2014-07-30, 22:15)FAMMAR Wrote: Who has already the new Pi model B+ and did some tests with overclocking?

I have the B+ and the B. As has been stated, the B+ handles slightly higher overclocks, or handles overclocks better with lower quality power supplies. The thing that has stood out most to me is that with the B, overclocked to 1100, it would sit at around 147F, but with the B+ at the same overclock it sits around 112F.
I have model b, b+ and novel a. Model b+ and a draw roughly the same power as model a( a third less) compared with model b. and over clock that little bit extra almost exactly the same. I can overtrick model b at 1110 and model b+ and model a at 1150. Can't get nowhere near 1250. I did get to 1200 for both model a/b+ but then it freezes and after I can't get closer to 1200 anymore either. From a performance point of view I don't think it's worth upgrading, unless you need the extra USB ports or your charger isn't up to it. That's my testing done.
(2014-07-31, 13:00)MediaPi Wrote: I have model b, b+ and novel a. Model b+ and a draw roughly the same power as model a( a third less) compared with model b. and over clock that little bit extra almost exactly the same. I can overtrick model b at 1110 and model b+ and model a at 1150. Can't get nowhere near 1250. I did get to 1200 for both model a/b+ but then it freezes and after I can't get closer to 1200 anymore either. From a performance point of view I don't think it's worth upgrading, unless you need the extra USB ports or your charger isn't up to it. That's my testing done.

On my B+, I actually managed to sit stable at 1200 for several hours, but then during a period on nonuse sitting on the Home screen on OpenElec, it started a reboot loop. At 1150 it's perfectly stable though.
It really all depends if you get a good one or not. There are so many variations of version b of the pi board, I'm sure b+ will be the same.

it really all depends on who makes your broadcom chip and usb chip/ quality of the soldering

I suppose thousands would need to be tested to know for sure
Hopefully time will tell if the b+ is that much better at overclocking, then the foundation may possibly change there reccomended overclock values

http://elinux.org/RaspberryPi_Boards
I've tested with 5v 2a. 5.2v 1 a. 5v 1a.
All the same results. I do personally believe that the variations aren't as broad as been stated. The arm has a limit close to 1120 for bb and around 1150 for b+.

There is no need for the foundation to change the recommended settings. Almost all will reach 1000 arm. The more advance users can try to squeeze that but extra.

I believe the broadcom chip can get past 1500 but it's the hardware limit on the maximum power that can be feed to the chip. As evidenced in a part someone made. So in theory the power draw of model b+ and a consume roughly the same amount, since it's the same chip they should overtrick the same. And that is what I noticed with my testing.
I agree with you I think power is and always will be the main issue here it has been reported that some of the model b usb chips actually choke the voltage which ends up supplying the broadcom chip this is probably why some need to overvolt more than others at lower overclock values. I think this is also the reason why some people can't reach much over 1000 even on a decent power supply.

Most pi's should be able to run at 1000 as you say it's the same chip, however it's not the same manufacturer there are variants of the ones made by Samsung and variants of ones made by Hynix. Just Like there are variants of the usb chips it's going to be one of those things when testing as everyone's is slightly different.

I'm enjoying this thread Smile
(2014-08-01, 00:45)invisable Wrote: Most pi's should be able to run at 1000 as you say it's the same chip, however it's not the same manufacturer there are variants of the ones made by Samsung and variants of ones made by Hynix. Just Like there are variants of the usb chips it's going to be one of those things when testing as everyone's is slightly different.

I think you're confusing the RAM chip - made by Samsung or Hynix - with the Broadcom SoC (made by Broadcom) that sits underneath the RAM chip.

As for the LAN9512 chip, I'm not sure if this is being sourced from more than one manufacturer.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-01, 00:58)Milhouse Wrote: I think you're confusing the RAM chip - made by Samsung or Hynix - with the Broadcom SoC (made by Broadcom) that sits underneath the RAM chip.

As for the LAN9512 chip, I'm not sure if this is being sourced from more than one manufacturer.

Ha ha Yes your right I was confusing the broadcom chip with the RAM chip.
This all sounds very exciting. Would love to pick your brains what will be the best settings for my needs:

* Raspberry Pi powered by USB of my Sony Bravia HX920, do not want to change to a different power supply
* Only purpose to run XBMC
* Not using any USB ports
* Running from SD card (8GB)
* Don't mind if the Pi does one day for over-clocking
* Stability is key and I do not want to risk it

Any suggested settings or shall I just leave it as it comes out-of-the-box?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
@steve1977
I have my pi powered from a Samsung TV USB port, over clocked to 1GHz, using the latest official OpenElec release.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super Turbo settings Raspberry Pi0