• 20(current)
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
I know Memphiz doesn't want about headache.. so I'm hoping someone else can talk on this..
Using Google Photos on iOS is a great way to airplay home videos to Kodi. But strangely enough, it will not AirPlay photos! I think the version of Kodi is irrelevant (I've tried on my Gotham 13.1 setup, and my OSMC setup)..

There doesn't seem to be much out there(from a Google search) about this, neither can I find a basic answer for 'is it possible to airplay photos from Google Photos to Apple TV'. The blurb on the app store also says nothing about airplay.

Does anyone here have an Apple TV where they could test this function?
nope doesn't work with appletv - only via mirroring...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
A shame. --still, on the flipside at least it shows Kodi is not at fault. Smile

Thanks for testing Memphiz.
Is there any reason why Airplay couldn't be a separate and upgradable plugin instead of being part of the system itself? Wouldn't it be easier to update even for users who can't or don't want to update the whole Kodi release?
Yes - the reason is that i Never finished the addon due to Lack of time and some changes that need to be done in Core to make it possible - those changes were partly ugly and its Hard to get them approved by the Team...

Also it's Hard to predict where changes are needed when Apple Breaks AirPlay - the last fixes for example would have been in core regardless if AirPlay was an addon...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hello. I'm a iOs8 user and I daily use airplay to watch some videos on kodi.
I wonder if I can update to iOs9?
Did someone already test video airplay with official iOs9?

Edit : I didn't see this post : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238523 about airplay and iOs 9.
So we weed to wait.....
(2015-09-14, 08:53)Memphiz Wrote: Yes - the reason is that i Never finished the addon due to Lack of time and some changes that need to be done in Core to make it possible - those changes were partly ugly and its Hard to get them approved by the Team...

Also it's Hard to predict where changes are needed when Apple Breaks AirPlay - the last fixes for example would have been in core regardless if AirPlay was an addon...

You surely know things more than me but there's a strange point, from my point of view, that I cannot clarify... Old devices, such as Zeppelin B&W speakers and other airplay speakers in general, still remain compatible in every new iOS release, without any update on their side...
So, speaking about audio only, there must be a common denominator always accepted by every device capable to accept Airplay connections...

Do you personally own some version, alpha or beta, that, regardless OpenSource rules, can always work?
I own an old Apple TV, 1st gen, that, even today, and with another name, "AirTunes", can always work as an Airplay receiver... I jailbroke it, so, if you need some config file, and you want to teach me how to provide it Smile, I would be happy to help you.

I also remember, because I used it, that an iOS App, Remote HD, could make possible, for Apple TV 1st ten, to also broadcast via AirPlay pictures and videos...! Did they make reverse engineering of something?!

I hope I've been clear 'cause english is not my first language... Smile
(2015-09-18, 11:23)frarev Wrote: Hello. I'm a iOs8 user and I daily use airplay to watch some videos on kodi.
I wonder if I can update to iOs9?
Did someone already test video airplay with official iOs9?

Edit : I didn't see this post : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238523 about airplay and iOs 9.
So we weed to wait.....

Upgrading to iOS 9 will break EVERY Airplay capability, audio and video. Tested personally.
@fedux - thats the difference between official airplay receivers which know the specs of the protocol and us who use a open source library which is based on the reverse engineered protocol... i don't find it unusal that the latter gets broken on updates...
@Memphiz - I only didn't understand how, once found a way to hijack AirPlay and send to it contents, could it be possible that after an upgrade, kodi didn't worked and an old device, without updates continues to work. Now I understood that I will never understand it 'cause it's far beyond my knowledge...! Big Grin Thanks anyways, you're really kind and it's a big opportunity, the best internet has to offer, that anyone can read and ask things to such smart persons.
I'll continue reading and learning from you guys. Thanks again.
I know it's not reeeeeeeeaaaally a Kodi problem.
But I use YouTube such a lot on my iPad.

Does anyone here use a decent workaround for airplaying YT to Kodi?
I'm so lost without it. Sad
I read that there's a great plugin developed by xindawn that allow kodi to fully use AirPlay, Mirroring included. There must be though something not fair with GNU policy and, plus, this developer seems not interested in giving his knowledge for free to the community... That's really a bad thing!
Just saw his demo video on YouTube, seems good. His website is pretty bare bones. He's obviously aware of it's use with Kodi (that's what his video is all about). --when you say he doesn't seem interested in sharing his knowledge; has anyone here actually approached him to ask? Maybe we should do that? See if he's interested?

About his demo video: I can't tell which iOS version he is using, but in my experience, ios8 still airplays pictures, audio (and video to a wide extent) successfully. --the only standout feature I see there is the screen mirroring feature. --which looked impressively fast by the way.
I actually tried to contact him a while ago, but never received an answer. I would pay him or whoever, I don't mind paying for this plugin 'cause I would use it really a lot.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1