Broken Movies
After the last update to gotham, some of my movies stopped playing. I can hear them, but all it gives me is the audio visualizer? where would i start looking to fix this?
Post a debug enabled log file?
I've never seen anyone have -10 reputation lol
(2014-07-04, 17:36)MediaPi Wrote: I've never seen anyone have -10 reputation lol

thanks, apparenly i x-posted 4 years ago...

Here is my xbmc.log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=240813

I was trying to watch the movie "The 51st State" aka "Formula 51"
Try playing this file using dvdplayer (right click and select "play using"). Seems that OmxPlayer can't decode the "msmpeg4v3" codec (which I've never seen before)
Yes. msmpeg4 is a non-compliant variant of MPEG-4 from Microsoft.
This (like other non-compliant codec variants) has been out of favour for years, so typically videos are only SD resolution and will play with dvdplayer.

Either convert the file to use a standard codec, or play with dvdplayer.
Thank you. I have a few like that. I'll convert them. [/php]
(2014-07-05, 14:14)da-anda Wrote: Try playing this file using dvdplayer (right click and select "play using"). Seems that OmxPlayer can't decode the "msmpeg4v3" codec (which I've never seen before)
Also known as Divx3 Wink (possibly other compatible implementations as well)

Very popular from about 2000-2003, I had a lot of files in this format back then but its obsolete now...

I still have a few files in this format though of non-broadcast non-dvd/blu-Ray stuff like bootleg behind the scenes gag reels, unreleased pilots etc, not found anywhere in any other format, and which are low enough in quality that its not worth transcoding them and loosing further quality in the process.

dvdplayer plays them just fine on the Pi though.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken Movies0