HummingBoard XBMC
Ok. Thanks for the update Smile
The Real Skimshady
(2014-09-10, 20:32)invisable Wrote: Yes the class 10 micro sd sorted the freezing out, compared to the rasp pi there is a noticeable performance increase, also cec works better on my LG tv on the hummingboard then it does on the pi, however I have only found one version of openelec that works and is relatively stable, it doesn't seem like there a great deal of support for these from the solidrun community they seem more interested in the cubox i4 and the last 3 devel versions of openelec don't work on the hummingboard (no sound/ blank screen etc).
I decided to go for the hummingboard i2ex as I wanted to install a 1.8 msata ssd however I havnt got around to doing this.
So overall I would say that it works for me and is an improvement over my pi but not very user friendly. Definitely not for people that don't want to get their hands dirty.

Also to be fair haven't messed around with xbian,geexbox and arch Linux versions yet so I can't comment on these.

Hi Invisable, has the new OpenElec Beta 1 for cubix worked for you on the HummingBoard?
Also you said you were interested in the audio..... whats the quality of the headphone output like, compared say with the PI?
Have you tried the Coax SPDIF output? will it support 24Bit/196MHz for example?

I am trying to decide if I should get this unit, as I too liked the idea of the mSATA plug in to run it fast off that, use it to buffer my Blu-Rays as I play them from an SMB share.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HummingBoard XBMC0