Easy HDTV, A Little Help?
i've read through quite a few posts and a couple of wiki instructions but i still can't quite wrap my head around how to add my usb tuner (hauppauge 950q) to kodi using easy hdtv as the backend software (windows 10).... after some trial and error i was able to get the npvr client addon to work just fine with kodi and my tuner, but i have no need for pvr, nor the buffering and slow channel changing that comes with pvr territory, but it's incorporated into npvr so there's not much i can do about it... as such i scoured the net in an effort to find a tuner software that didn't include capture/recording/pvr, and finally came across something called easy hdtv... it's pvr free, and installed and configured easily with my 950q, and feels much more lightweight than npvr... so how can i use this as my tv viewer instead of npvr within kodi? any help would be greatly appreciated.
58 views and no love?
You need to use a supported PVR backend software, which "Easy HDTV" is not, it has no PVR client addon for Kodi. There always has to be a compatible PVR client addon in Kodi that is specifically designed to work with your PVR backend soft ware. Please read both wiki; http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR and http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_backend

Those PVR backends listed in the wiki are the only ones you can use because they have compatible PVR client addon for Kodi which is specifically designed to work with them.

You can not just download and use any old PVR software you find online and think that Kodi can connect to them. Understand that all those PVR client addons have each and everyone been specifically made for Kodi and each PVR backend.

Making an PVR client addon for a new PVR backend it not an easy or quick task for just anyone. PVR client addon are binary addons written in C/C++ code for each PVR backend and then compiled for each Kodi platform. There is no mixing them, they are always one for one for now.
hey, thanks for your very helpful response rockerc, and after doing more googling / forum searching since my post i was afraid that was going to be the answer, alas... nonetheless, thanks very much for confirming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easy HDTV, A Little Help?0