XBMC not picking up files
Hello,

I think I have basically exhausted all other options so I can now eventually post a thread.

I am having a problem with Hell's Kitchen season 12. XBMC just won't recognise episodes after episode 12 of season 12. I have checked everything that I can find suggested on the web:
  1. The naming is done by sickbeard and all names are correct
  2. The series name is correct
  3. The en.xml file returned from TVDB is correct and has all the episodes that are not been found
  4. Refreshing from the information screen in XBMC does nothing
  5. Removing, cleaning library and then re-adding also does nothing. The first 12 episodes are added and then the rest are just not.

I don't know what else to do. One thing I haven't tried is, according to the wiki, manually making a .nfo file but I don't think that this should be necessary since all the other episodes of the series add perfectly.

Is there anything that anyone can suggest?

Thanx
A debug_log (wiki) showing the scan?
Oh, forgot to mention that. I have checked the log as well and all it mentions about Hell's Kitchen when doing a refresh is that it can't find the .actors file.

But now I see (thank you) that I have to enable debugging. So going through the debug log, I see what the problem is but don't know how to fix it.

XBMC finds episode 12 perfectly and recognises s12e12.10.Chefs.Again but s12e13.9.Chefs.Compete seems to be an issue because it is looking for episode 13.9. Going further down the log, this seems to be the issue for the rest of the episodes.

I don't understand though why episodes 1 through 12 work with this naming format but from episode 13 onwards it is an issue?

Either way, I figured it out now. I set sickbeard to rename without the dots and now the files were picked up properly. However I feel that this is not fixing the problem actually because why did 12 episodes work and then all of a sudden the same naming stopped working.

But my issue is solved. Thanx for mentioning the debug log. I did read about the debug log but must have missed the part where I had to actually enable it.

Thanx again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not picking up files0