Broken Add on
Hi, im new to this forum and also to the Raspberry Pi. I have just bought one and at first it worked but now it wont connect to the internet and when ive had a look the network manager Add on says that its broken or incompatible. Can any one help me and tell me what I can do to repair it thanks
A debug log would be extremely helpful in diagnosing the issue.
I had the Internet connectivity problem when installing on my Pi back in January too.
Everything seemed to install OK but the add-ons would not install from the Internet.
It turned out that the problem was that the supply voltage level was too low on the Pi and this was NOT due to the power supply being "too weak", instead it turned out (after long time troubleshooting) that the reason was a bad Micro-USB cable between the power supply and the Pi.
Many such cables on the market have a very thin wire on the ground and +5V leads, which drops the 5V from the supply to a low level on the Pi such that some peripherals (like the network interface) simply do not work properly.

You can check if this is the case by measuring the voltage on the Pi board between test points TP1 and TP2. It should be above 4.8V for proper operation. If not you have to change the cable or switch to a tablet charger with permanently attached USB cable, because these use better wire sizes.
There are a number of threads already about this problem:

On the Pi power cable
Troubleshooting Pi power problems
Raspberry Pi power cable problems
Home made PSU
Charger for RaspPi
RPi different boards
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2014-07-06, 03:46)ralob Wrote: A debug log would be extremely helpful in diagnosing the issue.
As would knowing whether you use Raspbmc, OpenElec, Xbian or XBMC on Raspbian.

Some (such as Raspbmc) don't even use the network manager addon.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
im usin Raspbmc, i cant upload a debug log because not onli will it not connect to wifi it wont even connect when i connect ethernet cable direct from PI to modem.. the network manager add on in the XBMC file just says incompatible and dependencies not met .
As I mentioned, Raspbmc doesn't use the network manager addon. Did you try to install that yourself ?

To change network settings you go into program addons Raspbmc settings.

If you've installed the network manager addon you should remove it.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
ive not tried to install anything.. I dont know what im doing to be honest .. one minute it was working fine and the next day nothing. it wont let me remove the network manager addon . When I go into Raspbmc settings and change it to WIFI . is it meant to pick my wifi up because its not doing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken Add on0