XBMC 13.1 - Clean Library completely broken
So I updated my two ATV2's using iOS v5.3 (via official wiki recommended update method) to the official 13.1 build and then thought I'd try the DLNA streaming option (called UPnP) via Twonky from my Server - this wasn't a great success (no Movie metadata support and didn't seem to pickup everything in the library) and so I decided to go back to using SMB.

Anyway now I've ended up with duplicates in some places and not others and Clean Library just doesn't tidy things up the way it used to (I've mucked about with this sort of thing under 12.x and CL tidied everything up perfectly).

It doesnt matter whether I use XBMC Library update add-on or direct from the Settings menu - on both my ATV2's my libraries are a complete mess!

Any Ideas?
Ok so after Zero help from here (or indeed recognition of the duplicated problem), I took an axe to the Video and TV DB's by deleting them using the File Manager, quit XBMC, opened XBMC, reset the content types for my Movies and TV Shows Sources, re-scanned and Voila ... no more duplicates on either ATV2!
Clean Library only removes items that are not available on disk. If the paths are still valid (even if duplicates in some way - they will never be perfect duplicates) then they'll still show up.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've had duplicate entries for a single file before after mucking about and once I'd removed the duplicate source, clean library removed the duplicate entries for me.
I have the same problem as djos. I was having problems so I changed the NFS connection to my NAS to use SMB. Now I have entries in the library for both sources! I can look at Movie Info and see that one thumb is for SMB and the other for NFS. Although I only have a single media source connecting via smb.

I've tried cleaning and updating to no effect.

In the Sources.XML I can see the SMB's no NFS.

I can also see a MediaSources.xml...that only had NFS and no SMB. I tried renaming this file and rebooting my ATV2 and then cleaning and updating but still duplicates.

I downgraded to Frodo and the duplicates disappeared.

I upgraded again to Gotham and the duplicates reappear.
add the NFS source back to XBMC in the GUI. Then remove it and be sure to say "yes" when it asks if you want to update the library with that removal.
Ah, why didn't I think of that Blush Yes, that worked Ned. Thanks very much for your help Big Grin
Just a bump... I was having a similar problem with "clean library" not actually removing redundant entries: I'd delete some files (.mkv etc) and a "clean library" wouldn't remove the entries.

If I tried to play it, I'd get a popup informing me it doesn't exist, and would I like to remove it from the library... a "yes" would finally remove this entry.

I resorted to tapping into the sqlite3 DBs manually (myWebSQL is great!) then running an "update library" so that seemed to fix a few things.

Now.. on Kodi, it all works wonderfully. Scrub some files, run a clean.. and the redundant entries no longer show up. FIXED!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.1 - Clean Library completely broken0